***Official Catch 22 - Team 22 Thread!!****

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by Battle734, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yikes. That's a tough break

2. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My evening hunt didn't amount to much ! Just one doe at 20 yards and no bucks close behind, I'm not sure what I want to do about tomorrow but i have a buck showing up every other morning or so at 6:30 you can just see daylight peeking in the background he's a solid 140 inch deer so I'm going to try and get in after him , I'm not really expecting allot of action, either he'll be there or there won't be anything going on ! But it's the only deer showing a pattern so wish me luck !

3. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Galen, my cell cams have been more productive in the morning. I just had a decent 130ish deer show up on my property yesterday and today that's walking in daylight and go figure I'm on duty for 48 straight hours. Going to try and bust out of work early in the morning tomorrow and get in stand with enough time to slip in before daylight. Winds look like they are going to be ALL over the place tomorrow.

4. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well today was a bust seen two little forkys all day long ! And my dad was on a stand about 300 yards from me and was seeing deer all day and actually had some encounters with a few of the bucks I'm after , about an hour before dark he took a shot at the deer I was hunting this morning, he hit the deer but definitely not where he wanted to hit him , I'm hoping its only a flesh wound but he hit the deer in the back leg ! Apparently his face mask caught his bow string and it ended up costing him a very nice buck ! The blood trail looked like the deer will be fine , but without actually seeing the shot it's hard to say , Hopefully he is alright and won't go completely nocturnal! So guys that's why I like to shoot my bow with my actual hunting gear on , I hate when things like this happen!

5. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow. That's unfortunate. ..i always like to see my Dad succeed when I set him up in a stand

6. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I got us more points tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome brad

8. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks Galen but unless he hit the femoral artery that deer should be fine. If he did, it would've bled a lot and gone done quickly

9. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah it definitely was not the femoral artery then , only a drop or two of blood every so often , he should hopefully be able to heal back up... I know my dad feels sick to his stomach about it !

10. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome!!! We need the story and pictures to !!

11. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I know the feeling. If it's just a muscle shot he should recover just fine

12. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well yesterdays hunt was doomed from the start. No usable trees near the buck encounter without breaking out a chainsaw. Moved to the stand on NW corner of property saw eyes with flashlight. Then neighbors start up a gaint excavator and start clearing trees 100 yards from me. I moved to my 2man stand right upwind of where I had my buck encounter and I get blowed at before I can get in. Sad faced

13. Galen

Galen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hate having to jump from one stand to another !! Well guys I'm going to be hunting again tonight but man this wind looks like a total mess today! Blowing in just about any and every direction it wants to! The setup will work for this though, or so I hope ! I'm going to be hunting way back in on some thick thick nasty bedding where I know the bucks are checking out and for some reason I have a feeling about tonight's hunt , it could happen :)

14. keepfallingup

keepfallingup Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Friday and Saturday were pretty slow for me. Sat all day on Friday which actually was a first for me and only saw 5 deer. I did have another first though. I rattled in a buck! It was a shooter too! He popped out of some thick cover at 45 yards and just stood there. Then since he didn't see any deer he turned and left. Tried grunting but pretty much ignored me. But it was cool for sure. Work this week till Friday which I have off as well as Monday. That's kind of my last big push. We will see!

15. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Balls or no balls?

16. Rutin

Rutin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted this morning and had my best sit all year. I passed a really good deer up and I'm starting to regret it after the kind of year I'm having. I saw 13 does and 4 bucks. First 20 mins of shooting time I had a small 6 and a 120-125" 9 pt dogging 5 does in my backyard, the it was like the flood gate opened and does were pouring out of a crp field with a little 8 pt chasing them. After everything settled down I looked back over my shoulder at 845 and there was a decent deer standing 150 yards away closing the distance. Once he got to 100 yards I knew what trail he was taking so I snort wheezed at him. He turned and came straight to me without lifting his head or missing a stride. He walked in and stood at 25 yards raking his rack on some limbs and made a mini scrape putting on a show for the "buck" that snort wheezed at him. I studied him pretty hard bc he was under me for 10 mins and I just couldn't stretch him to reach 140". He's a solid mid 30's 8pt and I should of killed him bc he's a 5 yr old has never grown much in the last 3 years. Either way I walked up to the house to grab some lunch real quick and I'm headed back out. Taking my camera with me tonight in case I see him again then I can share some footage, maybe even a kill. For some reason I just don't have the caliber of deer running my property like I'm used too. Hate to settle for less with a lot of season left...... Good luck everyone and be safe!

17. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow exciting sit! My Dad came up & just left at 10 am. Was trying to figure out how I can get my shift hours in & sit this evening but it's just not going to work!

18. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Balls but it will Count as much as no balls

19. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just posted the 50
    Points for the team.

20. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm on call for work this week so im no good for points this week, but hopefully the following week ill be back at it. I might be heading to Kansas fornwork and some hunting for real giants.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015