Northern California Food Plot Journal

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by EliteGame530, Mar 22, 2014.

1. EliteGame530

EliteGame530 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello friends.

I am really excited! A friends and I have acquired a 10 acre property in Northern California area near Igo. Last year there was a really bad arson fire that burned up a good portion of the area and property. There were a bunch of Oaks and pines. Lots of berry Trees, and buck brush everywhere. Now there is just a few pines and Oaks still living. The grass is pretty much the only thing living on the ground other than the few trees. (We got the property really cheap)

I am now in the planning stages of building the food sources back up on our property for the big game in the area. As everyone knows California is in a drought and we are really low on rain totals. So I have to take all of this into consideration.

I am in a kind of good area for water. I have a few creeks in the area and a nice water hole right in a valley on the property so that is a big plus.

I am going to TSC later and I'm going to talk with someone there who might can give me a little better direction as far as where to start. Of course the soil is where to start. So ill need to send a soil sample to ? And find out what nutes I'll need to start with. And how my plots will due with minimal rain. I think I want to get a few bags of throw and grow being we have rain forcasted this week and about another 8 days of rain the week after next.

This is going to be my journal where I post my progress and hopefully some of you food plot pros can chime in and help guide me and my property back to the lush glory it once held for the animals.

Pics coming soon.