Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Northeast Ohio Public land??

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Jeterfan1, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Jeterfan1

Jeterfan1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys I am taking a friend hunting in Ohio this year he's never been out of state (NY) we're just going to focus on public land we have 5 or 6 days in November. Would anyone have any recommendations on a public piece in Northeast Ohio. Obviously we'd like to take a home a wall hanger but really are just looking for the overall experience of a November Ohio bowhunt. thanks in advance!

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok just throwing something out there that's outside the box a little. Take it for what it's worth with the preface that my idea is based on holding probably 15-18 Ohio tags over the years.

Northeast Ohio is probably the second least desirable quadrant of the state. It's not south or central Ohio by any means.
    It gets a ton of pressure, especially on state lands. Also that area is not flush with the bigger tracks of state lands found in the south or the central part of Ohio.

So here is what's outside the box. Hunt the souther western most counties in NY, there is plenty of state land and the pressure will be the same or less in most places ....for example Allegany State Park. Save money and driving enabling you to hunt longer. I don't see you giving up much in the way at all.

Jeterfan1 likes this.
  3. Jeterfan1

Jeterfan1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    You make a good point for sure! thank you for the reply!

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Jeterfan1 likes this.
  5. Jeterfan1

Jeterfan1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We were headed to Columbiana County and the one below it, I haven't looked at that map in a while good to see

6. Jeterfan1

Jeterfan1 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Oh another consideration is we've already both filled our archery tags for NY... Cant shoot another buck until Nov 18th.