Noob choosing arrow stiffness

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Overparduffer, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Overparduffer

Overparduffer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So I'm new to bowhunting and I just recently bought a 2014 Hoyt Charger. The draw length is 29" and the draw weight is 50-60. The dealer dialed the poundage down from 60 but I forgot to ask him what he ultimately set it at. I'm guessing 55 but no idea. The arrows he sold me are Easton Carbon Storm 340 cut to 28.75" (measured from the neck of the nock to the end of the shaft). When I look at various online guides, it looks like 340 maybe slightly too stiff if my bow is dialed down below 60 lbs and a 100 grain point. Is this a big deal? Am I losing accuracy?

2. CThorn

CThorn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My last bow that I had I accidentally bought the wrong spine for my arrows. Took it into the shop to get paper tuned and the owner said that I purchased the wrong arrow, but it was paper tuned for the correct spine. I shot that bow and those arrows for 2 years, no problems. I couldn't tell that anything was wrong. Supposedly you are supposed to lose accuracy but I did not notice anything too big

3. Riverbc

Riverbc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    you should be shooting a .400 spine.....however, not as big a deal to be overspined as it is to be underspined. Next batch of arrows you buy, get the correct spine.