Nocturnal lighted knocks

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by JGD, Dec 8, 2019.

1. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve used various lighted knocks over the years and like being able to see my arrow in flight. On Nov 22 I shot at a coyote and missed low. It was about 2:30 pm. When I finished hunting at dark I was able to walk right to my arrow and pick it up as it continued to glow. Both prongs on the knock were broken but it stayed lit. I put it in my quiver and walked to the truck. I put the bow in my bow case and didn’t worry about turning the light off on the broken knock. Three days later I took the bow out of the case to shoot a few arrows and noticed the knock was still lit. “Interesting” I thought and decided to see how long it would stay lit. Today I opened the bow case and the knock continues to glow dimly a full 16 days s after the arrow was released. Impressive.

Attached Files:

2. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    When I shot my doe in October I didn’t turn my nokturnal off. Threw the broken arrow in the shed when I got home. Went to check something at night 18 days later and to my surprise I could still see it lit up (very dim, but could clearly see it lit up).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JGD likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah they are great but do not leave them on arrows you practice with. The nock will get weak over time and break, when it breaks it is like a dry fire.