Nocked and Locked-Team 10

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by Sticknstringarchery, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Still sending prayers Coug!

2. JoshKeller

JoshKeller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    50 more team!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Josh!!!

4. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Heck yeah! Congrats to all who have put them to sleep so far!

My hunting hasn't happened much. This moving back to our hunting property and long work days has really beat me down. Tried to get up this morning to go and just couldn't make myself. Kicking myself right now after seeing deer in fields near by this afternoon. I should be back at it in the next couple weeks though. I haven't killed a deer before October 12th in past years so hears to hoping they start dropping for me and Jess soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. drath

drath Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man, you guys are awesome. I haven't even hit the woods yet. I will be heading up to the cabin for a 4-day weekend starting Thursday the 9th. My birthday is on the 8th so I'm hoping for a late birthday buck.

Have you guys heard about the full lunar eclipse taking place on Wednesday morning? Does anyone have any thoughts on how that might effect hunting later in the week? It's not gonna keep me from hunting hard one way or the other, I'm just curious.

-D

6. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got my second sit of the season in this evening. Not very eventful. Had a doe catch me as I was getting set up in the stand. Ended up having a 20 minute staring contest before she moved on. Saw a few turkeys in my clover plot. Other than that, nothing much. I pulled a chip from one of my trail cameras and it didn't have a single buck on it. I really have no idea what is going on, but I may have to start working on a backup plan.

7. drath

drath Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out first thing in the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to get in a late morning hunt and an evening hunt. Then 2 good hunts on Friday and Saturday followed by a Sunday morning sit before returning home. Lot's of rain in the forecast so we'll have to see how it works out.

-D

8. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck DRATH. Looking at the weather for the next 4 days and it looks pretty good. I bet there will be pretty good movement.

9. Christine

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck you guys!

I'm back to vicarious living through all ya'll. The mule deer doe I got on my Colorado tag. I'll be trying to fill my Utah buck tag with my rifle in the upcoming season. If by some sad circumstance I can't get that done, I may try a few late archery hunts with the tag... but I'm hoping I'm done deer hunting by the end of October. :D

I have two cow elk tags but they won't help with the contest.

10. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I should have never said "I'll film till you put one down Jess" Stupid, Stupid, Stupid! I am dying to get back at it. I hung a new stand today and am ready to be in one! For the love of God can this moving and her killing one be done yet.

Rant over. Now I'm going to go kill one Sunday. At the same time she does. Yeah, that's how it's going to work.

11. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Strike one for a solo sit tonight. Hopefully this weekend I'll get back out.

12. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    We are in the stand right now. It was raining pretty good when we headed out. Now it's a light drizzle/ rain on and off since we settled in the stand. So far, not looking good at all. Jess is pretty cold so it may be an early morning for us. I'm fine and could sit all day. I am also a little more conditioned.

13. drath

drath Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got my doe pics and info posted to the scoreboard. Good luck to everyone hunting and be safe. I won't be out in the woods again till mid November. We're off to a great start, let's keep it rolling.

-D

14. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    We are rolling!

I found a little gold mine of acorns trees have plenty more and there are a ton on the ground. Hopefully we can put two down soon.

15. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Oh yeah and my city lot is going to be my go to spot for January. Urban archery came in this season so we get to hunt an extra month!

16. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Hope you all are having more opportunity to get out and hunt than me. I've only made it out 3 times so far and only seen one doe so far. We've had a ton of rain so getting to my stands is a be more complicated than normal as I can't cross the creek. I have to come in from the neighbors property and basically walk through my food plot to get to any of my stands. Just not the best case scenario so I haven't been pushing it. I'm planning on hunting Saturday AM on my place and if I don't feel like things are changing for the better, I'm going to go scout out a spot on the conservation land near me.

On a separate note, I am in the process of launching my Facebook and Youtube page. I've named it Wide Angle Whitetail becuase it's dedicated to hunting, photography and videography as well as taking a "Wide Angle" look at all aspects of those topics. I would appreciate it if you would take a look and "like" my page. I feel confident that there will be some good content offered. My goal is to have semi-live video updates of my hunting season, as well as fully produced hunting videos. I will also be having short videos on tips and techniques for hunting, photography and videography.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wide-Angle-Whitetail/601909776597886

17. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    We haven't been able to get out once Sunday which was a bust. This weekend isn't looking good either. On a good note baseball is about over and rut is about to begin.

Good luck Skywalker and I'll go check out your page.

18. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry crew only 2 sits in so far on the year and won't get at it for another week. Best of luck to all and congrats drath!

19. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty busy day for me. Got a morning sit in for the first time this season. Had a nice doe at 12 yards but decided to shoot her with the camera instead. Had a small buck pick up her scent trail and take off after it, just grunting away. I also grunted in a little 5 pt. I pulled my trail cam chips and FINALLY have some decent bucks floating around. Got my first day walkers too, so GAME ON.

I also headed over to the conservation area that's about 4 miles from me. Put on about 4 miles trying to find the right spot. I was looking for a nice oak ridge. Found a nice spot so I'm hoping to do a little run and gun to help keep the pressure off my place until the rut hits.

20. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Team,
    I was fortunate enough to take a nice doe tonight. I will get it posted up tomorrow.