Nock to it Release

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by tider37, Jan 1, 2017.

1. tider37

tider37 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I was wondering if anyone here is using the "Nock to it " release. I have only ever used a wrist strap release, but want to make the swap to a handheld tension release. I currently shoot the Wiseguy.

I shoot a Halon 6, was wondering if there's any of you are currently using this release. It will be used for hunting purposes only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Donkey Deerz

Donkey Deerz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just ordered mine today. I'll let you know how it works out.

3. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a nock to it and a silverback right now but going to try and stick with the silverback for target till I get confident enough to hunt with one of them.

4. BuckEyeJay

BuckEyeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a nock to it thumb release and the carter chocolate addiction both in 3 finger I like the carter better though cause there's more adjustments on it. Both are thumb style not back tension back tension shouldn't be hunted within my opinion to many awkward angles for shooting when In stand but the carter has so many adjustments to make it fit you perfect cones with a bunch of Springs for different tensions and there's a bunch more adjustments on the release itself to make it the perfect fit but thumb style or back tension is the way to go for better accuracy and groups I would get great groups before but now I split wraps and knock off vanes if I shoot the same spot I get a better anchor point with this style and it's more of a surprised release what you want but I'd check out a bunch before dropping 2 to 300 on a release I have about 1100 dollars in releases before I found the right one lol 2 carter chocolates a nock to it a nice stan and 3 wrist style releases lol go to a shop and they will let you shoot them before you buy so you can get a feel for which one you want each feels different and has a different style to it.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  5. tider37

tider37 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Really interested in a thumb release. I catch myself , no matter how hard I try not to, setting the release off with my index finger on my wrist release. Want to put in the time with a thumb style release to get that unexpected release. Would love to get more feedback from guys that hunt with a thumb style vs a wrist release.
    Thanks again.

6. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've tried out the Nock to it. Great release, but as some folks have mentioned, its not a true back tension release. The Silverback would be tension activated, but not recommended for hunting in my opinion either. I know there are many who would, its just not for me. I sold my nock to it and decided to purchase a TruBall Blade pro instead. Way more adjustments, I liked how crisp the trigger was and really quiet release. I shoot allot of 3D & 5-spot too and prefer the heavier weight of the brass release, but its certainly not necessary. Releases, like bows, are very much a personal choice. Its what feels right to you. My advice would be to go to a pro shop nearby and test a few before purchasing.

7. tider37

tider37 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Is the Tru ball Blade Pro a thumb release?

8. Robson

Robson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just picked up a nock-2-it (used) and have been shooting it in my basement a lot over the last couple weeks. So far it seems to be a great release. So I'm by no means an archery expert, buts he's my review.

- (pro) Compared to the other Carter thumb styles I have shot, I really like that it has a push button close feature. On the previous Jus-B-Cuz I was shooting, you have to push the latching button and then "snap" the jaw closed with you finger. With the Nock-2-It, you just put the d-loop in the slot and push the trigger closed with the push button on the "back" of the release

- (pro) It has a string whole in the body where you can attach a wrist sting. Always make me nervous to attach the release to the d-loop 20'+ off the ground and have it dangling. I have never had mine fall off, but I know guys who have. So I like that I can still have the hand release on my wrist if I want

- (con) Something that took me some definite getting used was the 2 finger design. You will definitely notice a change in your draw weight. You're losing some advantage from a wrist and 3/4 finger. I find I can't shot too much more that 25-30 arrows before I feel it in my 2 fingers

So far it seems great though. Fits the hand really nice. Lots of adjustment. I have been shooting it very consistent!! Should be a great item.

On a side note... I have yet to make the full time switch to a thumb release for hunting. I found I have issues with clothing or collars getting in the way. I had a few mis-fires where I draw, and when I reposition my jacket or vest collar set off the trigger. This was enough that I didn't make the 100% switch for hunting reasons.

9. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yes it is

10. Bow Diddley

Bow Diddley Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't bring myself to pay the price so I ended up with a Trufire Hardcore. So far I like it.

11. Donkey Deerz

Donkey Deerz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've had mine a week now and had only shot with wrist strap releases before. I love it. I get a surprise release every time. It has a lot of adjustments. Fits the hand great. I will definitely be shooting 3D and hunting with it next season.

12. Jeremycrochet

Jeremycrochet Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Does anyone have one they wanna sell?

Mathews Heli m
    Trophy ridge react sight
    Trophy ridge lite-1 quiver
    NAP Quick Spin
    NAP Spitfire Double cross
    Black Eagle Rampage

13. pinn6

pinn6 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    i use a tru fire 4 finger edge thumb release. i made the switch from a basic wrist strap and im very glad i did. the only down side i found was that it felt a little small in my hand. i solved this problem by wrapping it in hocky stick tape til it was the size i wanted. also the tape made it feel warmer on cold days in the stand. overall my groupings are way better and i find it improved my anchor point. never going back to wrist release.