No threads on Ferguson, Missouri?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by dmen, Aug 16, 2014.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sharpton's and Jackson's millions aren't made thanks to tolerable people who want to end racism.

The most powerful people in the African American communities stir the racism pot so that they can control and make money off the people of their communities. It's upsetting that these people can't realize this. They aren't working for their brothers and sisters, they're working they're brothers and sisters for themselves.

2. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Even though I think this is terrible too, I believe the newspaper article is much worse. Now the address is searchable at any time by anyone. (I'm not sure, maybe it was already published and searchable?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Who made the call to call back the national guard? How far up does it go?

Did the white house make that call?

4. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The part that really upsets me is someone always turns this into a "race" thing. If the kid had been white, would this really be as large of a topic? How about this headline: "Cop shoots unarmed man". Attention getter, maybebut not on this scale. Murders in the city happen all the time and they barely get 30 seconds on the news. Gangs members kill each other on the street all the time and it barely gets an eye batted at it. Honestly it seems like no one cares.

The only thing that people are mad at is the white / black scenario. If that's taken out of the equation it's pretty simple. Guy robs liqueur store, fights with cop, gets shot.

I took 30 seconds on the internet and found this headline posted yesterday:

Salt Lake cop cleared in shooting of unarmed white man | WREG.com

Anyone hear about a riot in Salt Lake? Nope. This officer was actually wearing a chest camera and captured the shooting on video and it's posted on the internet. Although it's really short and in no way completely depicts the entire incident, no one in Salt Lake is rioting over this guy not getting indicted. And the guy the cop shot was walking away from him when he shot him!!!!

I'm in no way, shape or form racist. Certainly there are people I don't like, but it's because they are stupid, arrogant or have a crappy attitude. Every culture on earth has them. IMO the communities looting, setting cars and buildings on fire are the ones turning this into a race problem. And notice I said communities; all races live there.

5. TheChurchArchers

TheChurchArchers Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Matthew 13:40-42New International Version (NIV)
    40 “As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out his angels, and they will weed out of his kingdom everything that causes sin and all who do evil. 42 They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Those doing all this will get theres its just sad that we dont have leadership in the country thats willing to put there foot down and shop this mess. Those who make a living feeding off this type of mess and are ok with themself i feel very sorry for them. Bring back a president that stands for God Please and not one that Hates him like we have now! Its time for a REAL change.

6. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly right. Like I said in a previous post, this thing is being fueled by the media. I blame them 100% for sensationalizing this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Amen!!!

8. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The situation is regrettably much more of a political situation than a legal situation. Legally the police officer was exonerated by a pain-staking grand jury investigation which knew the attention that this case had drawn. I agree that the hate-mongers and race baiters along with a media hoping for a sensational story has greatly increased the tensions that resulted in the mass riots that have occurred in recent days. Politically with a Justice Department now conducting a civil rights investigation and with a president that continually comments and lends credence to the rioters and looters and add in the "so-called" civil rights activists and, in my opinion, racial tensions in this country have digressed by 20-30 years.

It is sad that for political reasons and monetary reasons people deliberately foment hate and discontent for their fellow man but that is where we are. Make sure the African-American vote remains solidly democratic and that the race-baiting civil rights groups continue to receive money from stirring up any differences either real or perceived between black and white.

When we do this we do not focus on the root cause for what happened. We focus upon that a white police officer shot a black man, not what the black man did that caused the police officer to question this young man. It is lost in the argument that the young man had just robbed and terrorized a local business, that he clearly had assaulted a police officer and refused repeated warnings and commands from the LEO. It is a tragic event and nothing can bring back the life that was lost but the root cause is why was this kid doing what he was doing, where was his parents during his upbringing and providing instructions, watching who his friends where, who he hung out with, etc., etc., etc. What we have is his step-dad telling everyone to "burn the town down". I think we probably have our answer of why this young man was misguided because the influences in his life led him to that behavior. Good parents tend to raise good kids, an occasional bad apple happens but the majority of good parents kids turn out, even from challenging circumstances, to be good productive members of society.

9. ultramax

ultramax Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is a lot going on period,from thug mentality and lets go play grand theft auto for real mixed in with a For profit justice/prison system fueling a get everyone into the courts system. As this circle jerk goes long term the area's get poorer and resentments pile up and only needs a spark to catch fire. You have to vote people out of office that don't represent your way you want your city and government run,funding your budgets with tickets and a quota system lined with some bonus money in the pockets of guys writing tickets and anything can and will go wrong. Just my 2 cents.

10. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Now that officer Wilson has been exonerated, will the apologies begin.

11. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What do you think? NOT going to happen.

12. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Nope.

13. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No cause now they're just goin after the whole department saying everyone is racist. It'll never end. Saw something the other day that somebody dug up a stat saying something like 70% of the criminals that got bit by the K9s were black so even the dogs hate black people apparently.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  14. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha!

[video=youtube_share;RovF1zsDoeM]http://youtu.be/RovF1zsDoeM[/video]

15. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Truer words have never been spoken. It will never end. Racism has been going on since the beginning and it will continue long after I'm dead. Also, it's not just a black/white thing.

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No mention on the two officers shot last night during the peaceful protest? One shot in the face the other in the shoulder.

Both non life threatening.

Think it's time to turn the zoo over to the animals and see how that works out. Every officer still on the force should go on strike and give hem what they want and let Obama and Sharpton handle it from there.

17. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Eric Holder has the blood of those officers on his hands.

18. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    You don't really think he cares about that, do you?

I wish he did, but it's obvious he doesn't.

19. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Getting kinda ridiculous.

20. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As does the media. They are ruining America.