No threads on Ferguson, Missouri?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by dmen, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Algore should go chastise these rioters about the huge carbon footprint they're leaving by burning all those buildings.

The cops and firefighters are in my prayers.

2. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Carbon offset tax for rioting? :p

x2 on the first responders... I heard one cop has been shot already... dont know if it was riot related.

3. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The uncivil garbage of human flesh that are out there acting like terrorists in a third world country vandalizing, rioting, arsonizing, looting, and in general acting like fools deserve to be sent to a third world country where they can be treated the way they deserve to be treated. I completely agree that letting a firehose loose on them would settle them down a lot as being cold will slow you down in a BIG way.....

What is profoundly sad to me is that these people are FAR TOO IGNORANT to have even paid attention to learn what the TRUTH of the matter really is, and are too bullheaded and racially biased to see that in reality Michael Brown is DEAD because of Michael Brown's STUPID decisions, and the lies that were potentiated around those stupid decisions in efforts to shift blame. Shame on those worthless people who potentiated this, and may they be judged accordingly when their times come....

4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Logic has gone out of the window in this country.

Amazed. One day I hope to live in the woods and just forget about all the crap. Men in elected office stopped acting like men decades ago. They don't speak and act in black and white........it is all about shades of gray. Our country is in a horrible state of affairs.

5. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    All I can say is I hope nothing but safety for the first responders. Sad day indeed.

6. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    And the peaceful people in the unfortunate circumstance of living in that community.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Let it burn and bulldoze the remains the area sounds like a wasteland anyhow. No places to loot and rob then.

8. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its a crying shame what those animals are doing to their community. Its THEIR community and they are destroying. Not to mention they are doing nothing for their cause or their image. The news is calling them demonstrators. Demonstrators my butt. Pizz on 'em. let 'em burn.

9. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    By no means do I condone what's happening or do I think that rioting, looting and setting fire to buildings is acceptable under any circumstance, however I do think it's easy for most of us to sit back and judge without having walked in the shoes of many of these people. The reality is that most of us are white males who grew up and have lived in middle to upper class families and communities our entire lives. We really don't know what it's like to face the types of adversity many of these minority groups have faced in their lives. Many of these people were born into a world that provides little chance for success and have been let down by a system, a government and a community that has failed them time and time again.

These riots are bigger than just the Michael Brown case, as they always are. This isn't about one person being killed it's about decades of frustration at a failed system and a broken way of life that's bubbling to the surface. Brown was simply the spark that ignited this flame.

It seems that with most major events in this country we want to look at them under a microscope and determine the details that caused this one incident instead of looking at the larger picture of why this keeps happening over and over again. I certainly don't have the answers to these questions nor do I know what the long term solution is. But I will say that as I get older these types of things cause a greater feeling of sadness and disappointment in our society as a whole than they do anger and outrage at the people who are behaving "like animals" as some say.

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Justin what you said may be true but how does joining a gang, or killing a person because the colors they wear, or having children at age 15 improve their situation? There is no amount of gov't money or compassion from middle class white people that will fix the problem.

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

What "failed system"?

NO government or community has let them down. They have let themselves down. The "men" in most of those failed communities are non-existent fathers, in jail, and make excuses for their behavior. Myself and many Americans are sick and tired of being told WE are the problem, the community is the problem, crap that happened 50, 100, 300 years ago is the problem. None of that is true. Crap Justin, the system has been rigged for years to allow minorities and persons in lower socio-economic communities to succeed with lower test scores, etc. I don't buy those arguments for one damn second.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  12. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Our government and our system has failed them, but not in the way they think. They have failed them by providing a safety net. Allowing them to fail with no repercussions. Allowing failure to be acceptable. It all starts at home, then in the schools and eventually in life. They have never been taught right from wrong, never been held accountable for their actions. They have been taught it's acceptable behavior to disrespect others and especially authority. There is no excuse to act this way. NONE!!!!!! They are not acting like civil human beings, they are acting like a toddler that doesn't get their way. They don't even have a leg to stand on here because the evidence is clearly on the side of the officer. Yet, they are ignoring the obvious and acting out because they can.

Until our society starts putting an emphasis on raising our children to be quality human beings, nothing will change. That's not our governments fault and it's not the systems fault. It's the parents and the communities fault. These children today are provided with every opportunity to make something out of their lives. Free primary education and access to a secondary education. The only thing holding them back is themselves, it sure isn't the white man.

13. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The system is failing them but how was mentioned already, only because of the welfare state of mind.

The real people failing them are their chosen "leaders"

Jackson and Sharpton and the likes. King would have been outraged by these kinds if actions.

14. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Justin,
    When we have media bias, and a POTUS (Obama) and AG (Holder) who meddle in affairs that they should NOT be meddling in, and people are so politicially correct that they cannot even acknowledge the TRUTH, then we have a society bound for problems and in need of some major repair. If the black community would rather look to Allan West or Ben Carson for guidance rather than the race-baiting fools who often-times create more problems than they solve, such as Obama, Holder, Jackson, Sharpton, and I'll throw John Conyers in there as he was another who liked to stir stuff up, then some of their problems could be solved. Unfortunately, only ONE demographic in this country behaves like this.... Therefore, at some level it must be acknowledged as a RACIAL problem....

15. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Although I see where Justin is coming from. I have to agree with Virginiashadow completely on this one... Regardless of anyone's up bringing or current state of being; these barbaric actions are sickening and shameful. My pride as an American diminishes daily....:sad::sad::sad::sad: I fear greatly for my son

16. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Comparatively speaking Chicago is looking good. :tu:

17. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well said and I agree.

All of it, not just the quoted portion.

18. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    America has failed these people for years.
    We failed them by excepting, excusing and coddling them and their subpar behavior for the last 50 years.

Enough already.

19. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My step daughter was stopped in a "protest" on Kings Highway yesterday afternoon, before the verdict was announced. She lives in Shrewsbury, no where near Ferguson, but nearly every night they are being affected by this crap. Sunday night, it was car loads of blacks in the apartment parking lot yelling " we are coming for you". This is in a normally safe neighborhood, in an area where many college students reside. I'm beyond fed up with entire ordeal. This isn't about being let down by the government. This is about race, plain and simple. If Darren Wilson was a black officer, this shooting makes the 3rd page of the St Louis newspaper and the national media never hears about it. For months, we've heard that the protesters wanted justice. Well, justice was delivered and the rioting amps up. The only person I feel for in this is Darren Wilson. In protecting himself, his life has been destroyed as well. Just my 2 cents...

20. dhd

dhd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Somewhere in the woods, though, that position may
    Face the facts, nothing will change with these people. They'll go back home go cash in their EBT cards, get a new Obama phone, and complain white hate blacks, then they'll continue to vote Democrat for free stuff. That's what this country has become.