no more N F L

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Grouch, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The choices we make should not impact how we have to live. At least that's what the Left preaches.

2. dprsdhunter

dprsdhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  3. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am extremely curious if Cam is going to fall in line with the "patriot way". My guess is no, he may try in the beginning but his big mouth is eventually get him in hot water with Bill B.

4. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure he just came out and said he was tired of being humble. Think about that a quick minute.

virginiashadow, MN_Jay and Sota like this.
  5. BowCommander

BowCommander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've been saying the same thing for a while now- that I won't be watching the NFL any this season. Turns out I'll probably end up eating my words if we do have a football season because I do love the sport. As a Cowboys fan, I'm grateful that Jerry Jones, Dak Prescott, Ezekiel Elliott and a few others spoke out against protesting during the anthem a few years ago. I'm not sure their stances have since changed but the only time to my knowledge a Cowboys football player has knelt was before a game three years ago and it was with locked arms and before the anthem.

I'm sure all NFL players do not agree with the two national anthems or even the kneeling, but most choose to remain silent in fear of being attacked (take Drew Brees for example). This is where the "freedom of speech" comment on the second page of this thread becomes important. "No one is taking your freedom of speech" yet if you speak out against BLM, protesting the anthem, rioting, ridiculous ban of certain labels or such you're inevitably deemed a racist and demanded to immediately apologize.

I think the media likes to manipulate. I think they want to separate people into categories and control the way we think about each other. I choose to go on and treat others the way I'm treated and try to show love and respect for everyone; even the people that I don't agree with.

One major issue I have is with NFL and general sports talk shows like The Herd, Skip & Shannon, First Things First and so forth all demanding we view things the way they do. They do not share the same philosophy that everyone is entitled to an opinion. It's "if you don't agree with us, then you're part of the problem" and that mentality is nothing more than bullying someone into keeping their mouth shut thus taking away their freedom of speech.

I'm puzzled and even shamed that we are still talking about racism and still have racism in this country in the year 2020.

6. 87TT

87TT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    DEFUNDED THE NFL LOOOOOONG AGO >>>>>>

History not often reported or leaked to the ticket holders. I hope this helps you; it opened my eyes, to better understand when and why the public’s respect for the NFL organization started to crumble....

* In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling before each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his eye-black to avoid glare, and made him take it off.
    * In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.
    * In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.
    * In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure "eye black for breast cancer awareness.
    * In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic violence. (Not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem..).
    *In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.
    * 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression. It seems quite clear based on these facts that the NFL has taken a position against any action by NFL players demonstrating RESPECT for any issue:
    For God, social causes such as mental health, cancer, domestic violence, for cops killed arbitrarily, for being cops, or for the Memory of 9/11...

BUT they will allow demonstrations of DISRESPECT for our National Flag, our National Anthem, for America , and for the American People, if it will help mollify a particular Group and its supporters. That is who and what the NFL now has shown itself to be.

7. BowCommander

BowCommander Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You're exactly right... and while I won't try to tell other grown men what to do, I think it would be in the best interest for everyone to boycott the NFL and show them that we are in charge of what comes into our homes through our television (and not the NFL). Maybe then when they start losing money, they'll understand that we watch football for sports and not to hear race baiting and political persuasion.

oldnotdead likes this.
  8. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So well put, that you get like and a thank you sir for the perfect summary.

oldnotdead likes this.
  9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do not really care about all the stuff that goes on outside of the actual game. I do not watch the pregame hours of hype, I do not watch the pregame festivities. I just love the game, just the game.

Germ likes this.
  10. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    abow (4).jpg

oldnotdead likes this.
  11. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  12. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: