No cam twang

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by PaWooodsMan, Jun 6, 2017.

1. PaWooodsMan

PaWooodsMan Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My no cam htr had a twang to it. I thought it was coming from the cams so i ordered both cams. Just got my bow back today and shot it a few times. The twang is still there but it has a sharper sound to it this time. I dont know exactly how to explain it but any tips on what it might be would be greatly appreciated.

2. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have you tried shooting it bare bow? That might be able to help you narrow it down.

sent from my mini hand held phone

3. DickensCPA

DickensCPA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Do you have a kisser on the string? The dealer I bought mine from had the Pine Ridge soft kisser already installed and I left it on there but I had the loudest twang you've ever heard. I narrowed mine down to the kisser. Remove it and it's quiet as a mouse with no monkey tails. Put it back on and nothing you can do to get rid of the sound. I took some dloop material and tied on in place of a kisser and no more twang.

4. PaWooodsMan

PaWooodsMan Newb

Dislikes Received:
  5. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting, I have a kisser on my HTR as well and no "twang" sound. I am very interested to find out where the sound is coming from when you figure it out. Good luck!

6. PaWooodsMan

PaWooodsMan Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I got home and took my kisser button off. It ended up that was my problem, back to silence.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

TheHardWoods913 and Marauder like this.
  7. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When I had an HTR my string stop was the issue. Just had to get it in the correct position just off the string about a credit cards thickness away from it.

8. DickensCPA

Dislikes Received:
    I can quiet mine down with the kisser but I have to use those Pine Creek Wishbones top and bottom. They're kinda like monkey tails only they have two tails and twice as heavy. I don't know what it is about kissers on some bows but I can hear that TWANG in my head.

9. creed1

creed1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is your string worn? I know that can cause a hefty twang and it will sound like it's coming from the cams! Best of luck with solving this!!!

10. DickensCPA

Dislikes Received:
    I had my bow in a vise Friday and was trying a new rest and decided to see how a BH shot. Put the arrow under my arm with BH behind me and turned around real quick and BH hit my string just below the peep. Almost cut my string in two. Had a shoot Sunday but luckily my string guy Energywave Strings is 15 miles from me and rushed me a set out.

Anyway the reason for that story is my stock string is gone and my go to strings are on the bow. No speed nocks, no monkey tails and no noise even with just a kisser. For some reason his string touches my nose and the stockers don't so I ditched the kisser.

I bought this bow brand new 3/27 and didn't shoot a whole lot until tax season was over. Even with taking care of the string and waxing as needed, it was getting fluffy and gray in certain areas. I'm not a huge fan of the zebra strings.