No Cam HTX

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by JesseHunts, Oct 7, 2016.

1. JesseHunts

JesseHunts Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys so, I'm getting a new bow in a month or so and right now I'm torn between the halon 6 and the no cam HTX. Now I know what a lot of people will say the 2017 bows are coming out next month. I know that but from what I hear so far is that the 2017 bows will be longer ata halons there is a possibility there is a 28 inch ata halon coming out however if that happens I may lean in the direction of that bow but for now I want to know what people's thoughts are between the no cam HTX, the halon 6 and possibly even the No Cam HTR I have the money for any one of them including a new 2017 bow but I was wondering your opinions aswell, I will be shooting all the bows before I ultimately pick one. Also I realized a lot of people leaning towards halon this year and I think the no cam HTX is no slouch so mainly reaching out to the brace souls that got one of them. Thanks guys.

2. Poke

Poke Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have shot both but went with the Halon 7. Personal choice for you on which one you feel best suits you.

3. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I bought an HTX and a Halon 6. Sold the HTX and kept the Halon. Not sure if I'd make the same decision if I did it over again.

Prefer everything more on the Halon by a slim margin other than the over all weight. That I much prefered the HTX.

4. JesseHunts

Dislikes Received:
    Did you ever shoot the HTR ? I know it was super accurate was this the case with the HTX ? Speed isn't a huge factor to me so that is irrelevant to me between halon and HTX but if I get the halon 6 defiantly will enjoy the speed but it's not the selling point for me.

5. TheMathewsGuy

TheMathewsGuy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the HTR and absolutely love it. I've never shot a smoother bow! It shoots darts too!

6. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It depends what you like. I own a no cam htr and my opinion is it's the best bow for me. They don't make htx in 30 dl so I haven't shot it. My guess it's very similar to the htr. The halon is a dual cam bow with a smooth draw. In my opinion, it felt similar to my htr. Was it better or worse? No. That's subjective. I prefer my htr. If you prefer the halon, there is nothing wrong with that either. Your gut should tell you. :tu:

7. JesseHunts

Dislikes Received:
    I really like the HTR I have shot it haven't owned it so it's hard to determine but I know that the HTX and he halon both draw really nice but the first 3 inches are different according to who I've heard

8. kwachHTX

kwachHTX Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the HTX last spring, so far I love it. I shot the HTR and the HTX. My old bow was a 30" ATA bow so the HTR didn't feel right in my hand. So I went with the HTX. I did not shoot the Halon, I did pick one up and my initial thought was it was fairly heavy. And to be honest I was already sold on the No Cams because all the reviews I saw and advertising points were around accuracy. In my opinion that is the most important factor in a bow that I want. Mine shoots 265 ft/sec and last week I had a clean pass through on an adult doe (for its first harvest). Also, I mostly just whitetail hunt and if I have the best chance of putting the arrow where it needs to go I should be good with a bow that doesn't go 300+ ft/sec. Other points, it was a night and day difference in how smooth it was to my old outback, and it is so quiet from drawing to release.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  9. Shoot Straight

Shoot Straight Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buy a dead stock Hoyt Vector 32, then go on vacation with the money you saved. Off season has to be filled with something, might as well be booze and beaches.

10. JesseHunts

Dislikes Received:
    Not a Hoyt guy sorry

11. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love my HTR I have shot the Halon and I am debating getting one! I have yet to shoot the HTX.

12. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I "borrowed" an HTX for a few weeks this summer and shot it quite a bit. IMO it's the perfect blend between the Halon and the HTR. As you know it features the same "No Cam" system as the HTR which makes it a smooth drawing and very accurate bow, and combined with the "bridged" Halon riser it's rock solid and dead quiet. I know the Halon got all of the praise this year, but that HTX is no slouch. When I had to send it back after my evaluation was over I was a little bummed.

I shot my Halon 6, HTX and HTR back to back to back for a few days and would rank them 1. Halon 2. HTX 3. HTR with the Halon and HTX really being neck and neck. The added speed and stability of the wide Halon limbs probably put it just over the HTX but not by much.

13. JesseHunts

Dislikes Received:
    This was extremely useful thank you Justin I have been looking between halon 6 and HTX and for the price of the HTX I don't think I can go wrong saving 100 or more if I get one at the shop in December when people come in for trade ins but I will be shooting both before I make my decision and I have the money for either one

14. zswartley

zswartley Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Went to the local shop this summer ready to buy a Halon 6. After shooting each, I walked out with the HTX. The draw cycle on the no-cam was the selling point for me.