Newbie, recommended arrow?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Thunder43, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Thunder43

Thunder43 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey y'all, first season and post and I'm sorry to annoy you with what I'm sure is a vey redundant question.

Have an infinity edge w 27in draw length and shooting 52# (bad rotator cuff) w 100g slick tricks standards.

What arrow do y'all recommend? Overwhelmed with the whole heavy vs light debate.. seems to be a hot topic.

So far, looking at CX maximas, piledrivers, or Deep sixes. Should I be looking at lighter arrows? Any recommendations appreciated.

--Soon to be hunting whitetail in FL.

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How about Easton FMJ 500 spine? That should work well for your setup. I moved away from speed to weight but I shoot a fast IBO bow too. Might want to see if you can get some different arrows and shoot through a chrono and figure out your kinetic numbers.

Do you have a bowshop near by that could help you out with that?

3. Bowslinger2

Bowslinger2 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would buy the best that I could afford and go with the recommended size and weight and length for you and your set up. I'd buy the straightest ones I could afford. I lean toward accuracy . If you want to get technical go to a pro shop and talk with someone that knows what the hell there talking about.

4. sig239

sig239 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I aim for over 400gr with at least 10%FOC and at least 65 ft lbs of KE. I'm just a newbie but that's the goal at least. For me, I got Easton bloodline 330s at 8.7gpi at 29 1/4in. I've been shooting that set up for 3 years. There are a lot better set ups that others have, but my arrows fly right and hit where I need em to. That's the main thing: put it through the boiler room as straight as possible.

I will say, I have been oogling over some BEA rampages lately. Or deep impacts. A change may be a' comin.

5. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    FMJ's all the way. I would do a 400 spine with a 50gr insert up front. That would give you 150gr up from & fairly heavy arrow to pull through the animal. Don't worry about speed, just limit your shot distance. I shoot a 60# Spyder with either a 485gr or a 515gr fmj with a fixed blad wac'em.

6. Thunder43

Thunder43 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input. What diameter fmjs? 6mm?

7. Thunder43

Thunder43 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Went to local pro shop and had some 250 maxima hunters cut for me on recommendation. Seem to fly well. Appreciate the input everyone.