Newb Questions

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by Joe Lorensen, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Joe Lorensen

Joe Lorensen Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Only been spring turkey hunting a few times and always with a shotgun. This year I'd like to take my bow along. Wondering if any of the experienced folks would be willing to give me some advise on how to go about finding an area within the ground I hunt that would likely hold turkeys.....basically, I hunt public ground and wonder if there are any key features I should focus on.

Also.....any value to driving around the areas to simply see where turkeys might be hanging out and then focusing on those spots (maybe that's overly simple though)?

larcher75 likes this.
  2. larcher75

larcher75 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Also interested in this. This will be my first year turkey hunting

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Easiest solution is to roost at night and figure out(with in) a few hundred yards where they are then put up a blind well before dawn and wait!

larcher75 and Joe Lorensen like this.
  4. chieffan

chieffan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The area I have to hunt is basically strips of timber30 to 75 yds wind that follow little streams, etc. Large open CRP areas between the timber. Towards the end of this month I plan to get to narrow strip of brush to use for cover and glass the other areas. The open CRP sure makes it hard to do any moving after daylight.