Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Newb + Bowhunting

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Countryboy95, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Countryboy95

Countryboy95 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This is my first year of bow hunting. I'm fourteen and I have to basically do all the scouting and what not by myself. And I've concluded that the deer in my area do not use travel routes. I do have a small food plot but I'm unsure how to hunt it using my ground blind due to the distance i would have to shoot. And I've already started using my trail camera over bait and found some small bucks. The only problem is that Pennsylvania does not allow baiting and I wouldn't want to bait anyhow. So is there anyway to hunt this property what so ever? It's 50 acres approx. I have another property that is around 80 acres and has a good crop of oak trees. I would appreciate your help so much because the success of my season is somewhat dependent on you guys right now.

2. Countryboy95

Countryboy95 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I have found evidence that they're definitely there. But patterning them is what I'm trying to achieve. I have found sign nearby a field where I have seen them feed, but I'd better use my trail cam to see if they really are.