New Wireless Stealth cam

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by marcuswagner12, Aug 18, 2015.

1. marcuswagner12

marcuswagner12 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just curious if anyone has any experience with these? I have been debating on getting a few for a property that I hunt. Its a few hours away and I just don't get down there much.. Also seems like a good idea for me as I have a problem checking cameras to often lol.

2. Noblacksheep

Noblacksheep Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just looked it up. That is a hefty price. If I had the money, I may consider that option. Seems like the wireless goes through your cell phone carrier. Provided you can get 4G LTE in your hunting spot, it's a good investment. All you have to do is put the trail camera out there, and be within range to collect the data. I didn't see any specs on how far away you had to be to get signal with the trail camera. I would also consider getting a 12V battery box with solar panels. It would provide power to the trail camera without needing to replace batteries. Seeing that it's wireless, it's going to suck up some power. Those are my thoughts on it.

Also, there is a forum area for trail cameras ;)

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Both Todd and I have them set up and working right now. I've only tested mine around my house and the office so far and it's working fine. Todd has his out at a local spot and has been getting pics of deer and other critters for the last week or so.

Couple things to note:
    - The camera only works on AT&T or T-Mobile networks
    - It's only 3G capable, not 4G LTE. Which is the same for all cellular trail cams at this point. 4G costs more and uses more battery in your device.

I have mine set up on an AT&T pre-paid data only plan which costs me $20/month. My plan is to put it into a hard to access area on one of my farms so I don't have to walk in there to check the camera during the season. If I see the pics I'm hoping to see come October and November I may run & gun a set in there one afternoon.