New to TX

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Muther, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Muther

Muther Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all...Mark here...just moved from my home state of MO to TX. I have been deer hunting most of my life but just started hunting with a bow about 5 years ago so still lots to learn. I shoot an Elite Energy 32. Living in the Houston area now and looking for some good public outdoor ranges in the area. I have been looking at indoor ranges but they are all expensive and out of my price range. I don't need fancy...just need functional. 3D walking courses would be great to find but not necessary. Static targets are fine for me right now. If anyone knows of some good outdoor spots that are open to the public I would appreciate some guidance. Any info on good indoor range that are reasonably priced that would be helpful as well.

LittleChief likes this.
  2. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fellow texan here as well, although, I am a little east of you. Have you looked up X10 ARCHERY? looks like their lane rentals to shoot are $10hr?

3. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Why in the world would you want to move from a beautiful state like Missouri to the barren wasteland that is Texas? :lol:

Welcome to the forums!!

4. DH Outdoorsman

DH Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    welcome to TX, not much that I have found. Texas isn't Bow hunting friendly not like the Northern states. I've found Austin Archery Club and Archery Country that are close to me. Nothing free to the public that I have found, If you find a place let me know. I drive to Boerne, TX once in a while to get my bow checked and shoot at there range. check out TexasBowhunter.com its a local forum where they will post 3D archery shooting once in a while similar to here. Good luck this fall.

5. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Why all the way to Boerne?
    Is the shop up there just superior to what's offered in and around San Antonio? There is a decent outdoor range at LoneStar Handgun, haven't tried anything else in the area though.

6. DH Outdoorsman

DH Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I found Leading Edge Archery to be more to my likings, the staff is very knowledgeable and take time to help you if you have any issue's. They sponsor a Archery Team and even local 3d tournaments and Texas trophy hunters extravaganza . Not sure what's in SA, since I'm generally up here in Austin.

7. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Boerne is quite the trek for you then.
    Ill have to mosey on up to Boerne and check them out. Not too far for me. Austin aint to far either...about a 45 minute drive to the cabelas right there outside Austin.