Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

New to the game

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Crumpizzled, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Crumpizzled

Crumpizzled Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Greetings all,

I've been lurking around the site for a little while and decided it was time to sign up and join in. I recently helped a friend of mine do some work on his land, and in return I get a free deer hunt. I have never taken a deer before, and am very excited for my first hunt. I hadn't shot a bow in about 12 years so I decided to pick up a new one and take my first deer with it.

I bought a Bear Attitude from Cabela's. When it got to the store, I had it adjusted and tuned to me. I am currently at a 30" draw at 60lbs. I put ten arrows down range in the store. The first four were a group about the size of a silver dollar. I was very surprised. Started messing with the site, but didn't get it much better at the time. I am going to head to a range this weekend and am picking up some arrows today. I am going with Vicotry Decimators 350 for the time being (they are currently on sale) and 125 grain field points.

Now that the backstory is there, is there anything y'all recommend for someone trying to jump back in the archery game fairly quickly? I am already getting the itch and can tell this is going to start taking up a lot of my time and money haha. Thanks for reading and looking forward to hearing from y'all.

Thanks,

Mike

2. Ccatt93

Ccatt93 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Have you thought about broadheads at all?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

3. Crumpizzled

Crumpizzled Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pretty sure I'll pick up some G5 Strikers.