New to the board and also got A ?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by wilkescountycc, Jul 7, 2011.

1. wilkescountycc

wilkescountycc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok guys im new to the board and also thinking about bow hunting out of a ground blind and one of my spots this year has anyof you guys done anygood out of ground blinds and whats the best blind to get thanks

2. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I personally dont like to hunt from ground blinds unless they have plenty of room. Make sure you have a blind big enough to draw your bow and have plenty of space when drawn to move. I am a bigger guy so it is tough for me to be at ease in one. I rather be on the ground in some brush or up in my trees.

3. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ......and welcome to the best site on the market today! There are a TON of great people on this site and you will find that out.

4. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Ground blinds have certainly gained a lot of popularity over the past decade or so, and they can be a very effective tool in the right situation. The key is making sure you get your blind set up well in advance of your hunting so that it doesn't spook the deer. Unlike turkeys, deer will be wary of a blind when they first see it and it will take time to acclimate them to this new addition to the woods.

As for brands - the Primos/Double Bull and Rhino Blinds seem to be the most versatile and popular. I've hunted from both and found them to be easy to set up with plenty of room inside.

5. BigStick

BigStick Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Even though I've spent the majority of my time in a tree, I've taken both my deer from ground blinds. Like mentioned above, make sure the blind has enough room for you to draw in.

As for the deer getting used to the ground blind. The one I killed a deer with a bow from had been up since spring and the deer still looked at it funny. The one I got with the muzzleloader, I set up right before I shot. Never had a deer look at it. I'll bet Justin has had more experience on this one though.

6. Hoyt 'N' It

Hoyt 'N' It Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What everyone else said above! welcome....

7. Iowa Bowhunter

Iowa Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome. Good advice already given.

8. wilkescountycc

wilkescountycc Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    thanks alot guys this seems to be a great forum for us deer hunters thinking bout hunting out of a blind on one spot i have its cut over timber with small white oaks all around i believe if i get the right blind for my size (im 6'6 279) i can do good hunting this patch of woods anyone have any sites where these blinds are at thanks alot guys!!!!