New to hunting could use some insight

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Jhauschultz, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Jhauschultz

Jhauschultz Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone my name is James I'm new to hunting this year and have lots of questions lol... But I'll keep it pretty basic for now. I live in Wisconsin and am going to hunt public land this year and I'm having the dilemma of which stand to use. I know I need to remove the stand every night so a climber or hang on are my options but I hear a lot of discrepancy about not having any trees for a climber so is it a better idea to bring ladder sticks and say a lone Wolfe hang on and set it up at say 7am or would it be counter productive because of the noise and if I wanna move spots can I just move any part of the day or would that be counter productive also?

2. C Rogers

C Rogers Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I would use a climber, find one that will have the adjustment to the common diameter size trees in your area. Dragging in a ladder or climbing sticks along with your hang on would be a big pain in the butt and would prob sound like a herd of elephants coming through the woods. I use a climber on public land where I can break it down and carry it all on my back when going in and out of the woods. Just practice climbing a lot in the off season if your not used to a climber, that way when hunting season rolls around again you will have no prob in the dark adjusting the stand to the size tree in the dark.

3. BUCKF3VER

BUCKF3VER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    another thing is I usually get 2 my stand about an hour before shooting so right now here we can shoot half hour before sunrise which is at 7:45 so first shot can b taken at 7:15 which means i am seated in my stand by no later than 6:15 if i was to have to put up a stand or use a climber i would probably leave another half hour earlier just so that there is no rush and u give time for everything to settle back down after your walk to the woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk