New to forum.thoughts on solunar times for peak hunting time!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jesse Q, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Jesse Q

Jesse Q Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Like the title says new to forum and not new to bowhunting but second year of trying to really take it seriously.what are peoples thoughts on solunar table for peak game activity swear by em or just get out there lol.i work on a towboat so trying to make the time i do have out tbe most between only having 2 weeks home a daughter and fiance also could people maybe kinda point me into the right direction on reading a few topo maps !! Private land is a hunting club which is the crop fields and large block of woods is public gov.land

Attached Files:

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The best time to go hunting or fishing is when you have the time. There are those who swear by the tables and others swear at them. I never paid any attention to them. Been hunting since 1956. The tables don't take into consideration weather, wind, temperatures, etc.

3. Jesse Q

Jesse Q Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I gotcha appreciate the response. Hard to find the time between my daughter fiance and work.just trying to stack the odds the best i can in my favor for the little time i do have. bein trying to figure out how to read topo maps a lil better got a couple good public spots that get very little pressure . a couple private spots but there small like less then 15 acres a piece.

4. Between2Bluffs

Between2Bluffs Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Unless you have a ton of free time to hunt and can be extremely picky on when and where you're hunting I wouldn't pay too much attention to anything moon related. Does it have anything to do with game movement? Maybe...probably, but who really knows. I have a 4 year, 1 month old, full time job, house work, and a wife. If she gives me the ok to hunt I'm out the door before she finishes her sentence regardless of the conditions. Keep learning to read topo maps, scout your ass off and hunt when you can.

5. Jesse Q

Jesse Q Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I hear ya i work on the river 28 days 14 home go back wendsday night .rode 6 week last trip to have the first 2 weeks of november off to bowhunt. Imma try n get put and try for a all day sit sunday there callin for snow mo day morning here.not looking forward to goin back to work in this ****tty weather lol