New to archery

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by Alex Pierce, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Alex Pierce

Alex Pierce Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So like the title says I'm new to archery and decided I want to bowhunt a bear in 2021. I'm getting ready to purchase my first bow. Not trying to cause any problems here. But have always heard Hoyt is the best. So with that being said I started to look at the Hoyt line of compounds. I'm currently stuck between the rx-4 alpha and the turbo. Now I don't even know if these come with any accessories but I've decided to go all out on my bow build. For sights I'm going with the Garmin Xerox a1i as for the drop away I'm looking at the "qad drop rest in bone collector" now comes the questions. Does this sound like a decent setup? Does anyone know if a new Hoyt comes with any accessories, rest,sights,quiver??? Thank you in advance for your responses.

2. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Standard response. Shoot a bunch of bows, all types and brands you can get your hands on. Being new to the passion I'll let you in on a very important secret that can save you thousands of dollars. Equipment doesn't matter, camo doesn't matter, you can be successful with a 20 year old bow and wearing work clothes.
    Find the bow you enjoy shooting. Then if possible try a few options. What will make you successful is time in the field and believe it or not, mistakes. I advise reading as much as you can on here. Lots of great material. Just take it all with a grain of salt and remember it's the internet at the end of the day it's opinion. Good luck man and feel free to ask as many questions as possible.

Mod-it and Alex Pierce like this.
  3. jarin matthews

jarin matthews Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with fix opinion vary and starting out I would shoot as many different bows as possible until I find the one that fits me best. Good luck to you

4. BritFgl

BritFgl Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with the above as well my first bow was a hoyt and I thought it was a great bow but now I’m shooting a bear. You need to just get to a shop and put some arrows through all the bows your interested in and maybe some your not you may be surprised my Hoyt was a more entry level bow so it wasn’t as fast but the draw cycle was smooth, then I got my bear and it is a lot faster than my hoyt but the draw can be rough where it’s made more for the speed! So you need to have an idea of what each one feels like don’t just order one especially if your dropping any good amount of money on it or you may regret it hate shooting bows and sell it and of course you won’t get what you have in it.

Tags: