New to archery/hunting! Redhead Blackout

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Rapala91, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Rapala91

Rapala91 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello guys. I'm new to this forum as well as to archery. I was at my local Bass Pro Shops today and shot my first bow which happened to be the Redhead Blackout package. From what I shot, I really liked it. I was wondering if anyone had any bad experiences with it. I know that it is made by Diamond/Bowtech. I also know that I should go to a Pro shop instead, but I have a lot of money in gift cards to BPS. Any info/suggestions would be great!
    Thanks, Matt

2. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    one suggestion. DO NOT LET BASSPRO SET IT UP! DO NOT PERIOD

Buy it there if you want to and take it to a proshop, and let some one knowledgeable set it up. The basspro "techs" don't know anything. My proshop at someone come in with a bow set with the sight mounted inside the riser. Who set it up? "The archery department at Academy."

3. Rapala91

Rapala91 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How much does the average pro shop charge to get everything tuned up if I purchased a bow at another store such as bps?

4. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My proshop has a policy. Buy a Rest from them and they tune your bow up. Generally I think its around $50.

5. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am pretty sure the skill of the techs varies from BPS to BPS. But my .02 cents worth of experience is Redhead products blow...