New Sight Question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Junior Treehopper, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Junior Treehopper

Junior Treehopper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    At the gtg I realized that I need a new sight. I am thinking of getting a movable one pin sight or a five or six pin sight. What are your guys thoughts and what do you recommend?

Thanks

Matt

2. PSEREVENGEMAN

PSEREVENGEMAN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If You shoot 3d's or plan to hunt the west 5 or 7 pin sight is needed. .19 diameter pins max then .10 past 40 yards.

3. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ask Ferg & Chase about their sight, it's the new Tropy ridge 5 pin that automatically adjust all the pins once you sight in the 20 yd pin. Chase just put his on before the shoot on Sat.

4. J-Daddy

J-Daddy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMHO the best setup for a hunting sight & a sight you can play around with a long range is a multi pin slider...I'm partial to the Black Gold Ascent since I'm a dealer for them as well as on their staff...You can custom build them with any number of pins but most guys that chose a multi pin version either go with a 3 pin or a 5 pin most of the time. You can pick your fiber colors as well as mix pin sizes on the sight...Plus there are a number of other upgrades you can add to one as well....I've been shooting the Ascent sights since they came out and they are great and I've sold hundreds of them and everyone that buys them are happy with them.

5. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the HHA one pin slider. You can shoot it from 0 to 70 yards. Also there customer service is awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    yeah ditto on the HHA. love that thing so much. the tapes are so easy to set up and are pin point accurate.

7. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

This for sure.

Blessings........Pastorjim

8. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a personal fan of a multi pin slider. I have a CBE TEK Hunter with a 3 pin 1-5/8 head. I can use the top pin with the slider for 3D and I have the 3 pins set at 20,30,40 for hunting. I don't like the idea of having to make a sight adjustment when a deer comes into range. I was a gap shooter long before I was a slider shooter an I still practice gap shooting on a regular basis so I'm ready for both 3D and Hunting. I thought about changing to a single up pin head but, I really like this set up.

9. beaubowhunter

beaubowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As of this past season I am a 5 pin guy myself. I currently shoot the Axcel Sights Armortech HD 5 pin. It is light and really tough. I did get all the pins .010 diameter, I figured that I wanted to be as accurate as possible at all ranges and the smaller pins give me that. You can, however, get any sized pins that you want in it. If you have a fast bow, there is a High Speed (HS) model available that the pins are much closer together than the standard sights. You can get it in a 4, 5 or 7 pin model and they also offer it in a Pro model that mounts to the riser by way of a dove tail system. That will allow you to get the scope housing to fit your peep diameter perfectly to achieve maximum consistency and accuracy. The pins are completely protected from start to finish, so it will hold up to even the most rugged hunts. They have a easy, tool-less, scope windage and elevation adjustment knobs that make dialing in a cinch. Overall this sight impresses me and I think it is hard to beat for hunting.
    Armortech&Bowmadness.jpg groups.jpg

I have just started shooting a single pin sight by Axcel called the Achieve CXL. It is one of their tournament sights and it is the definition of light weight. Mounting to my bow on a dove tail system and shooting the X-41 scope with a green .010 pin, I have it dialed in at 20 yds. right now. I plan on competing getting it sighted in for my tournament setup and then possibly putting another sight tape on there for my hunting bow. It features an easy to setup 2nd & 3rd axis adjustment with a locking capability to prevent your buddy's enjoying a friendly prank by moving your sight while pulling arrows. The technology that Axcel puts into this sight and all of their others is the reason why the best shooters in the world are shooting Axcel. I can promise that you won't be disappointed by putting one of their sights on your bow. Whether it is single or multi-pin, Axcel has you covered. Hope you find what you are looking for. Good shooting!
    CB3.jpg CB2.jpg

Axcel Archery Sights and Scopes - Built Like a Tank

10. MarkV

MarkV Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Trophy Ridge React sight for me, I've never been confident shooting past 35 yards. Put the React on and placed 5 arrows in a 6" group at 60 yards on my first attempt at that distance. Can't speak highly enough about the React.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Junior Treehopper

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you everyone for your advice!! I looked at all of the sights that you guy's recommended and I have chosen to go with the....... Trophy Ridge React!! Thank you again everyone!!!

12. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    congrats. the react is a nice sight

13. Junior Treehopper

Dislikes Received:
    Thank's!!

14. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Got one for sale $125 pretty much brand new never hunted with.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2