New Sight Ideas?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Moose, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Moose

Moose Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all! Hope everyone had a safe and happy holidays now that the season has come to an end in many places!

I am looking at buying a new sight for 2016 and am wondering what people may suggest. I own a PSE DriveLT and have been just using the PSE sight that came with the bow that the outfitter equipped. It's a 3 pin sight.

I'm open to changing to the HHA single pin sight, but at the same time enjoying all my pins already waiting there for me no adjustment needed.

Thoughts?

2. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Which HHA sight are you looking at? I have the kingpin and I love it.

3. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a 5 pin fixed sight guy.
    I have a Trophy Taker Hitman that is a good less expensive sight.
    I have an Axcel Armortech that is a great sight but more money.
    I have an AXT titanium Extreme that is currently my go to sight.

But really you should get out there and look at them yourself and see what your eyes see the best.

4. happyhunter

happyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll give you a good deal on a 7 pin Spothogg Hoggit.

5. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Take a look at the Black Gold Ambush Ascent if you are thinking of switching to a single-pin adjustable.

6. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i have a HHA Kingpin and love it for hunting i will set it at 30 yards giving me a good reference knowing if i get surprised i can aim a couple inches low at 20 and couple inches high at 40 but yet have the ability to dial it into the exact yardage if i have time to due so.

7. Wingtipsdown

Wingtipsdown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I took my single pin back-up bow to Kansas. I set my pin at 30 yrds as mentioned and I know where to shoot accordingly.
    However, my buck came in at 27 yrds and I had time to dial it - Soooo much confidence!
    Did I have to move it? NO
    Did I have time to move it? YES, and it was money.

I'll make a decision this summer on what to use - I have 5 pin and single pin, but the single pin visual is unreal... Probably going to settle in with the single, or I'll just keep both. At this point - I can't see ever getting rid of the single pin.

8. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I made the switch to HHA sights about 5 years ago and I haven't looked back. Great sights and built like a tank. I set mine at 25 yards and I can make shots all the way out to 40 without adjusting it.

9. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My single pin HHA has been on my bow since 2007. I have not had to touch it once. It shoots tacks at 20 and I won't shoot past 30, I'm good to go.

10. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I wanted a new sight this year. I really liked the idea of the slider styles, but also liked my multi-pin sights.

I finally settled on a Montana Black Gold Ascent 3 pin. I called Steve Speck at S&S Archery, and you can get a variety of options with it. I went with 3 pins in .010 (Green, Yellow, Green) and a 4" dovetail base. I love it. I actually took a spill coming down the mountain on my recent Coues hunt and the bow went flying and tumbling down some rocks. I shot it when I got back to camp and right on target.

I kind of want to get a new bow and keep my z7 as a backup. If I do, it'll have a MBG sight on it.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

11. Moose

Moose Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the input guys! I'll take a look into the Black Gold's but all I keep hearing is good things about the HHA Kingpin's! I'll do a bit of looking around this week see what catches my eye lol.

I'd like to get it sooner in the year so I have some practice time in before turkey!

Thanks again!

12. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like both HHA and Black Gold. I had a 3 pin Black Gold Ascent that I switched to a single pin head, then I sold that (no reason other than wanting to try something different) and bought an HHA XL-5519. The HHA is brighter in my opinion but I like the adjustment on the Black Gold better and it allows for better quiver mounting. I might buy another one when I get a new bow and then decide which one I like better.

13. victoryhunter

victoryhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like 5 pin sights as well, just picked up the 5 pin IQ sight and won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.

14. lgreenslade3

lgreenslade3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You might wanna check out the new spot hogg fast eddie xl. Its a sweet sight

15. OH11

OH11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got the 5 pin Trophy Ridge React Pro .010 this year. Super easy to sight in and worked like a dream. It is expensive but just something to consider.

Tags: