New Scent Lok clothing

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by WestKYbowhunter64, Nov 2, 2018.

1. WestKYbowhunter64

WestKYbowhunter64 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    This question is for those of you fellas that wear Scent Lok or those of yall that has wore it. Ive been looking at their Late Season line, out of the Cold blooded, Morphic, and Revenant pants and jacket which would yall say is all around the best. For warmth as well as for comfort?

2. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wool power

3. WestKYbowhunter64

WestKYbowhunter64 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wool for outer layers to?

4. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Morphic jacket and really like it. I believe it’s directly replacing the Cold Blooded line. If you want waterproof it’s the ticket, and it’s also very versatile with a zip out vest. I wear that vest a lot separately.

Several other guys on the BHOD team have the Revenant suit and have said great things about it. I haven’t seen one first hand but will probably pick one up at some point. I’ve heard it’s like the old Covert Deluxe suit but better. I have one of those and love it.

5. WestKYbowhunter64

WestKYbowhunter64 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Rick James, i appreciate the info buddy! Is the Morphic jacket pretty warm hunting in late season? Thats the 2 i was looking at mainly was the Revenant and the Morphic. I also looked at the Treezyn GEN 2 late season jacket and pants, i like them as well. Well from what i read aboit them anyways. I always try to find someone that either has experience with something or knows someone that has so i can atleast get a little input before i pull the trigger and go spending all that money then end up hating it LoL

6. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Revenant jacket and pants as well as the Savannah set. The Savannah for early and mid season works well for me and I just adjust base layers. The Revenant set I pull out late season and it is toasty for Oklahoma. I would like to think that the carbon alloy blah blah scent technology ect ect works and all but really I like the cut, fit and most of all the comfort. They just cut right through the wind and keep you warm. And they are quite.

pkennell1222 likes this.
  7. jdhaines32

jdhaines32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven’t wore any of this years new Scent Lok line as I’m still using my older Full Season Recon and Thundertek suits for cold weather, but have been looking at the newer line. The Morphic looks like it replaced the Cold Blooded line, which didn’t not seem like it would be very warm without really good layering other than the wool vest that is also in the Morphic, when I checked it out last year. However, it is Waterproof. To me the Revenant sounds like it would be warmer as it reads that it is windproof fleece and Thinsulate insulation, but then you loose the waterproofing. They also have a new line called the Hydrotherm that is Primaloft insulation that might be worth looking at as well. I believe it is also water and windproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. John Eberhart

John Eberhart Newb

Dislikes Received:
    As a new member I'm a little late on this post but ScentLok's Hydrotherm waterproof insulated suit which contains 170 grams of Primaloft is the warmest suit I've ever wore and I've been bowhunting in Michigan for 53 seasons. Primaloft is a very expensive insulation that virtually weighs nothing by itself. I wore this suit last week on an out of state hunt in Kansas the day after Christmas during a blizzard. The temp was in the teens and the wind was 40 mph with gusts up to 50 mph and I was warm. I did have 3 Grabber adhesive body warmers on my core as well.

Prior to that the warmest suit I've ever wore was a Rivers West Ambush jacket which has a deep napped interior Sherpa fleece liner and a heavy fleece exterior. It's waterproof/windproof (polyurethane membrane) and it's quiet.