New record for sign ups

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by peakrut, Aug 9, 2012.

1. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here's One 4 Ya
    Had Todd Graff On my team 2 years ago and he shot a buck and didn't get him entered into the contest holding our team out of second place,go figure! he's the head honcho and doesn't give a dang about the rest of the team when the crunch came! In my book that's as bad as a no show. Is this in a same league as in not showing up?
    Rocky

2. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Fitz pretty much the only requirement is that they sign up and then check in correct? If they don't get a deer nothing has to be said right. I agree it takes the fun out of it but they don't have to post. Exception is to check in there deer kill.

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, that's the requirement.

4. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Even tho that is the requirement, I would think it to be customary to at least congratulate your teammates when the enter one. It IS supposed to be a 'team' effort. Just the congratulatory post for fellow teammates would/should be enough to get a person to a minimum post count. If someone can't even do that, it's like they aren't even part of the team. Just my .02

5. bporter

bporter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would say im mostly a lurker, i have posted a few times on here... i enjoy reading and learning from all of you.

This is going to be my first year on a team, and i really cant wait. I know my post count will go up, and I will as active as i can be in the team threads. Cant wait for Sept 29!!!!

6. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe the captains from the year before can each "nominate" a former team member who cannot be allowed to join this year.

7. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just curious, and it may have been answered elsewhere or in previous years, but this is in the official rules and info thread

" The amount of teams and number of people per team will be based on the total number of participants."

Participated the past 2 seasons, but never payed attention to numbers on teams. Wouldn't team numbers be bound by the number from the reigning champs or will they receive additional players/participate with a handicap?

Looking forward to this year, as with most of the US, been in a drought and record heat most of the spring and summer. Will be interesting how it plays out. Especially late season

8. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    CLS74..................I would say no............last year the returning champs picked up two new people to average the teams out. I would think the moderators of the contest would follow the same logic))))

Dave

9. Killroy

Killroy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just became a member and signed up this year for the first time and was wondering when do you choose teams? I also do not post much on here but read a lot of the threads to see whats going on. Since I am not as active as in posting on here does that mean I will not be picked for a team? Thanks Chris

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  10. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Killroy, I'll be drawing teams on the 25th or 26th. You don't have to post much, but once teams are drawn, you will need to "check-in" on your team's thread so they know that you're around. After two weeks, those that haven't checked in will be replaced with someone from the alternates list.

Like I said, you don't have to post much, but half of the fun of the contest is getting to know your teammates and keeping each other updated.

11. Killroy

Killroy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh yea I will be active I am just a new guy and have not been on here long. I cant wait for this to kick off and see what everybody else from around the states are getting. Well hopefully I get a good team.

12. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Luck of the draw my friend! But don't worry, you won't get stuck on that sucky Team 27 :evilgrin:

13. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Just curious what is on your hit list? heheheh Team 27

14. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I also hope that my team is more active this season. It wasn't bad at all last season just would like to have everyone involved a little more.

15. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know about him, but you oughtta see whats on the hit list at the property I'll be hunting in Ohio this year.:evilgrin:

I can't begin to tell you how pumped up I am for this early November hunt.

16. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In all honesty, never have a hit list. It's an hour plus drive to the property I hunt so don't get to it often. The area is thick with deer so I just hunt where the does are an never know what caliber of buck will roam through. I'd love to have an area I could scout and watch year round. There's plenty worthy of an arrow though, just have to practice the same patience I've had the past 2 seasons.

Would like to hit the 200 point club though. Couldn't get a doe down last year or would have been close. Let too many walk during the rut and none in range when I was ready to whack one.

17. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One more week!!!!! Come on time move faster! Ready to meet my team and start trash talkin a bit!

18. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I can't wait either! Gonna be a great hunting year! It is really time to get the smack talk started.

19. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We actually had a pretty good team last. I do remember someone not posting on the team thread for the longest time cause they were saving their #1000 post for the " kill ". Crazy huh ??? :lol:

Tim

20. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Being my first year I don't know how most people do it but I figure on posting after every day of time in the stand. Even if its just to say went out to whatever spot and saw nothing but squirrels. Which I am sure will happen more than once.