New Reconyx RC60 pics.....3 legged coyote, big doe, half rack, and a shed buck.

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Buck Magnet, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, yesterday I moved the Reconyx to a new area so I figured that I would show you guys some of the pics that I had. I set the night flash mode to "default" on these so they are a little brighter, when I set it up yesterday I put it on max range to see what kind of differance that would make.

3 legged Coyote... not sure what happened to him but he liked the left-overs from cleaning out my buck. He doesn't look in too good of shape.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This appears to be a big doe. There has been a doe in this patch of woods that I have been watching for the past three years that is as big as any of the bucks and she always has 3 fawns.

[​IMG]

I got to know this little half-rack throughout archery season. Almost every single time I set-up he would come in and mill around me, he was practically impossible to spook. Several nights I would wait till dark and climb out of stand with him standing less than 20 yards and he never ran, he just watched me walk away.

[​IMG]

And this appears to be a buck that has shed his antlers, there are noticeable dark spots on his head.

[​IMG]

When I checked the unit yesterday it was reading 70% battery life, this is after two weeks and roughly 500 photos. I brought the unit inside and warmed the batteries up before setting it up in the new area and the batteries were back up to 95%. I am more and more impressed with the unit each day, and I have already contacted their customer service and can say that they are excellent. I e-mailed them with a question late Saturday night and they had responded by noon on Sunday! :cool:

2. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your right the Coyote looks like he is not doing to good, that Doe is huge!!!!!!!!!! Cool pics!

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think your Yote has mange.

4. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    Yea, the yote is all messed up. I thought that it might have mange too, but I am not sure if it is that or just that it is injured and starving. I will be out this evening with my rifle in hand trying to kill it or any other coyote that comes in.

5. Schultzy

Schultzy Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. Cool pics!!

6. IL_Bow_Man

IL_Bow_Man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think he knew that he was in no real danger.:confused:

Cool pictures. How about some day time pictures to see as well?

7. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have any yet Mitch. These animals are pretty much only moving at dark. The new area I set the camera up in is back further in the woods and right by a thick bedding area. I should get some daytime pics then to post.

8. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ugly Yote, winter has been rough on him.