New rage user!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by mossyhornsZ7, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Maleko

Maleko Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im curious why you say this?

2. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I switched after only one year using 2-blade Rage to NAP bloodrunners this year. I shot at one deer with the Rage and harvested the animal but the more experienced I get, I didn't like the possibility of so many things going wrong with the Rage upon contact. I will be taking the bloodrunners into the field this year and already have a ton more confidence.

3. Ky/Jody

Ky/Jody Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've taken 2 turkeys using the 2 bade rage. Excellent job. I've shot four or five deer with rage. They leave one hell of a hole. I've only had 2 pass through out of five deer. I'm colorred blind, and when using rage and not getting a pass through shot, I have a very hard time trailing deer. I only take broad side shots. I'm going back to muzzy's for deer. Again, thry leave a huge hole! Good luck!

4. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot rages, and have shot 4 deer so far with them. Every shot was a pass through, and left quite a lot of blood. I do agree that the marketing for rages sucks, but I'm not too worried. I don't exactly have a kinetic energy deficiency lol

5. NHbowman

NHbowman Newb

Dislikes Received:
    They are just DEADLY on turkeys.....my son shot a doe last fall with the rage and she didn't go 10 yds....but I'm still not sold on them....I shoot the NAP 2 blade bloodrunner.

6. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I live in Illinois. We cam kill 2 bucks and as many does as we want to buy tags for.

7. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    He Will!:cool:

8. Bryanlware

Bryanlware Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I used rage last year with the crossbow and it was ridiculous. The hole and blood were massive. I am trying the redheads on a few does to see how they perform.
    In VA we can take 2 altered and as many does as we buy tags for. I'm in the stand now waiting for the first of the season :) with urban archery we can hunt September 3 thru March 27!

9. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

After you're done shooting could you check in to Team 14 thread...preciate ya!

10. Imogen123

Imogen123 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    To answer your question ..... YES. I started shooting at 3 years and killed 18 deer in a row without losing. Of these 18 only 3 are over 30 meters! I would like to offer advice ... when you buy them, open them and make sure that the leaves give a slight "click" when they push up before buying. A few years ago there was a lot or two the back of the sheets did not stay locked, but I have not seen this problem in the past two years. They are phenomenal! You will not believe the holes or traces of blood! I shot a PT 12 last year in the lungs and my wallet fits in the inlet! I bought them to experiment with a range .......... have not yet taken off. Also help you get mad points on the field for practice during the season, which is the means not to break or hunting tips expensive destination! And test them out. That's all we do. Good luck!

11. Straight Shooter

Dislikes Received:
    Really?! You took that much time to copy what I already wrote? What is your deal?

12. deer_predator

deer_predator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Any questions???

[​IMG]

946.jpg

13. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I knew I wanted to go mechanical this year but was not sure if I wanted to go Rage 2 blade or the G5 T3's.... After reading this thread I have made up my mind and I will also be a new Rage user!!!

14. Straight Shooter

Dislikes Received:
    You also may want to look at the G5 T3 broadhead reviews on Bass Pro shops website. ALOT of complaints about them......

15. Scljrl

Scljrl Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have shot the Rage 2 blades for a few years with great success, but also going to try the NAP 2 blade Bloodrunners this year just to compare. Like the simplicity of the Bloodrunners, and in my mind they should be about the same as the Rage. As always, it's shot placement and practice, practice, practice. Make a bad shot, even with a Rage, it's gonna be a long day tracking.

16. Straight Shooter

Dislikes Received:
    I would be interested in hearing how the bloodrunners do for ya! They are a good looking head. I never see replacement heads for them anywhere, though. Let us know how you like them!

17. Bear3725

Bear3725 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've thought about making the transition myself and have read great reviews about switching, but don't know if I can do it to be honest. I'm kind of one of those guys that needs everything exactly how I'm used to it being.