New Plot

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by NEW61375, Aug 21, 2011.

1. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well finally got a plot started. It's not for lack of interest(hand tilled some small plots in the past) or lack of available land. I have just never had access to any reliable equipment and purchasing some is on my to do list but not in the #1 spot as far as priorities go. Our family farm is 80 acres and about half of it is open(old fields,2 powerlines) so there is plenty of room for food plots which only adds to my frustration. With no agriculture in the immediate area and acres upon acres of thick timber company pines and cutovers bordering us I just have a feeling we could really turn this place into "whitetail central". My buddy recently got a small Kubota and a tiller and said he'd love to help so we decided to at least take some baby steps and get something in the ground. Here are some pics of the farm and the first plot:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  2. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome ! It's a great feeling to kill a deer in a food plot you planted :D Good luck this fall and expanding your whitetail central next season !