"New" Hunting and Target Bow?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Carolina_Bowhunter, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Carolina_Bowhunter

Carolina_Bowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys,

Help me out here. I'm not new to archery, as I've been shooting my whole life, but the bow I have now is just getting a bit old. It's a Mathews DXT, and it's a little short, and old for my liking.
    I'm daydreaming about getting myself a new bow that would be good for both hunting and competitive archery. I love hunting, and I'm in the Madison County, NC 4-H shooting club. My father, my brothers and I are actually partial founders of it. So I'd like something good fr both, with a longer ATA for more stability, etc. Any ideas there? It doesn't have to be brand spanking new, but just maybe 2014 and later. Any ideas, advice, or info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Xpedition perfexion or X-ring VII

Or wait for the new 2017 Xpedition to come out...can you tell I'm a fan

I've owned several Hoyts, Bowtechs, and various others over the past 25 years but Xpedition makes the best Hybrid cam bow I've found
    They are very efficient cam systems and the grip is so stable and repeatable. My 7" brace height bow shoots faster than most guys' 6" brace height bows.

If you like the smoothness of binary with a little less speed then look at Obsession Addiction OBB or K34

Other options if you are a Mathews guy are Mathews No cam, Chill X, Halon X

3. Bradleyprejean87

Bradleyprejean87 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i'd put my vote on the PSE EVO... It would fit with everything you are trying to do for hunting as well as target shooting.. Extremely smooth draw cycle plenty of speed for hunting and yet with the ATA its a great target bow as well!

4. ruck139

ruck139 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am a fan of longer bows too, and recently shot a bunch of used ones. I really liked the Bowtech CPXL and the Mathews Chill X. I shoot the Bowtech Sentinel, and like it too, and they can be found pretty cheap.