New Hunter Safety System Vest Ultra light

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Tribal, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I see they came out with a 2.5 lb ultra light vest. New leg buckles sounds like it will be worth checking out for those that had problems with the heat. Don't know what the price point is though. Anyone know?

2. gabevtwin

gabevtwin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's the one that I got because the HSS vests tend to get hot and ****'s had them on sale for $60. Very comfortable and nice features. On the website they are double what ****'s was selling them for. Vest even has a retractable lanyard for calls or whatever.

[​IMG][/IMG]

3. Tribal

Tribal Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  4. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Being honest the HSS vest is something I know a lot of guys love but man I just couldn't get used to it.

The buckles are too big and in the exact wrong spots (for me anyways) I clacked my release on them more times this past year then all other years combined. It also has that stupid buckle that hangs right down from your butt (for the fall relief strap).......that friggin thing clicked on every stand I sat in if not the tree bark. I finally taped the hell out of it.

It is easy to put on but that is about the only positive I took from it.

I hate the strap method of attaching to a tree (especially with a metal buckle).

I bought it for my dad because we sent him up some ladders this year but I tried my best to get used to it during bow.........I just couldn't.

I will check this one out to see if the stuff that bugs me is gone...........I hope so because the vest has a ton of potential.........it just pissed me off about 10 times a hunt.

5. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If they've lightened it up it sounds interesting. I like the looks of that Armourlite and am especially interested in the Muddy harness. I currently use a Loggy Bayou harness, but think the Muddy would be better.