New hunter in New Hampshire, need advice.

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Ranger Pat, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Ranger Pat

Ranger Pat Newb

Dislikes Received:
    How's it going gents, this is my first season hunting (and first season in general). Ill be bow hunting public land in southern NH and I'm looking to establish a guide for myself on how to do it. I need advice on everything, but for the sake of limiting the scope of information I want this thread to focus on hunting public land. The questions I really want answered are (If you feel like I'm missing something important in this list please feel free to inform me!)

1) What type of land should I look for to set up my stand? (look at attached topo maps too see what I'm working with)
    2) What are good practices when scouting so I don't scent the area?
    3)Is there any do's/dont's on public land for hunters that I should abide by?(example: If I get a deer is it ok to drag it out while its still legal to shoot?)
    4) Do you guys have any books you'd recommend for the basics of bow hunting white tails that can give me a good foundation to build on?

This is a state park I'm thinking of hunting, keep in mind i have to stay EAST of the blue line. There is a macro and micro map.

InkedMacro GRG bear brook_LI.jpg Inkedmicro GRG bear brook_LI.jpg :(there are two pictures one macro and on micro)