New hobby guy

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by 68340GTS, Sep 27, 2018.

1. 68340GTS

68340GTS Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello all. I recently retired and decided to give this hobby a try. I am planning on buying a Barnett Jackal to do some target shooting. I have a couple of concerns that I hope you all can help me out with. First of all what is a good target that will stop the bolts and not take a winch to remove them? Secondly I have about 35' in my garage to shoot. I have a lot of room outside to practice now but would like to shoot in there this winter if that is a safe thing to do. I regularly shoot my hand guns and have the utmost respect all weapons. Thank you.

2. Zblevins

Zblevins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome! I actually bought a cheap yellowjacket target from walmart and it stops mine no problem from 20yds-60yds. Never tried it at 10yds but I think it would be ok depending on the speed/weight of your arrows. Think I paid $25 for it and I've used it for field or bullet points as well as my practice broadhead to verify POI. Good luck and have fun with your new bow![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. 68340GTS

68340GTS Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Cool. Thank you.

4. Zblevins

Zblevins Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In addition to this forum you may also want to look at the Crossbow Nation forums as well. Tons of good info and a few very helpful people.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5. 68340GTS

68340GTS Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That is great info. Thank you. I will check that out.