New Farm

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by alenhard15, Aug 6, 2018.

1. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,
    I finally caught up with a farmer on a piece of property that I have been trying to get permission on for some time. He was finally home and told me to have at it. He did say that he lets anyone hunt, but he said they maybe get one deer a year off of the property so I am thinking that the other hunters are not too serious and probably just go out for rifle season. Here is a picture of the property. The section of woods that comes out into the field is extremely thick with a natural spring running through the middle. This is a fairly steep hollow although the change in elevation is probably only around 20 feet. I will have to do a lot of trimming but I do think that will be a good section to be in. There is a section of CRP directly to the left of the thick hollow on the picture. I did find a ladder stand just to the right of the CRP that is located on the powerline shown in the picture. It was extremely hot out today but I did a little bit of walking and got back to the woodline all the way to the left of the picture. The whole picture is a hill, which the top is right around the powerline and it flattens out until you get in the back woods about 20 yards. They just had the back section logged last year so there are some parts that are fairly open but overall I am really excited to have this new piece of property. What do you guys think based off of the map, any input is appreciated. I will be going back out with my dad on wednesday and hopefully adding some pictures of some big rubs and trails!

Attached Files:

Swamp Stalker and grommel like this.
  2. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats o your place!! Looks like a winner!

alenhard15 likes this.
  3. 802bowlife

802bowlife Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! Hope you find the sign you are looking for and a few spots to hunt that accommodate varying winds. Best of luck

alenhard15 likes this.
  4. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well my dad and I got to walk around the property tonight and I’m pumped! We saw some good trails and sign. IMG_1757.JPG
    We put out 3 cameras tonight and came across one ladder stand that is fairly new. There were probably 4 or 5 OLD home made hang on stands. I’m talking grown into the tree no straps on them anymore old. I did find there were a lot of white oaks on the hill and the flat area where you can see the two cameras on the left hand side of the picture. Now we wait, I will probably check the cameras in a week or two!

Adam
    Matthews Z7 Magnum 29/70
    Gold Tip Hunter XT
    100g Slick Trick Standard

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  5. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds promising!!

alenhard15 likes this.
  6. HuntinKB51

HuntinKB51 Weekend Warrior