New equipment this year?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Pitman, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Pitman

Pitman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Who all is sporting new equipment this year?

I got a new bow the last week or so of last season (so it will be more or less new for me this year).. Bear Agenda 7

The UPS man just dropped off my new deer stand yesterday.. Lone Wolf Hand Climber Combo II

Have a new release that should be here Monday.. Scott Archery Little Bitty Goose

October 1st cant get here fast enough for me! :bow:

2. Aaron Jones

Aaron Jones Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You will love the and climber! I definitely love mine. Wouldn't go into the woods without it!

Good luck brother!

3. OBrien33

OBrien33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Everything in my signature, along with 2 new scentblocker trinity tops and bottoms (one for early season and one a size larger for layering under). Irish setter vaprtrek boots, new facemask, new gloves, new under armour scent control compression infared evo set, and a few other odds and ends. Finally decided to get everything new and what I wanted. I was happy I got my scentblocker on sale. 1 set at 50 percent off and 1 set at 75 percent off. It has been a great off season. Still looking for a new blind.

4. rtolliver

rtolliver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just bought a new 2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30"/60 lbs.

Since it was last years model I got a hell of a deal. I might try the Rage Hyperdermic 2 blades this year. Have you tried them?

5. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I used the hypos last year and took 2 bucks and a bear with them without issue. I used the regular rages until last year.

6. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I finally pulled the trigger and bought a new bow. My trusty Z7x will be relegated to blinds or short bow duty. I got a great deal on a Chill R that I ordered with 70 lb. limbs and 29 inch draw and the 85% letoff rockmods. I am outfitting with an HHA king pin single pin sight and a QAD drop away rest. This is my first single pin sight and am very interested to see how it does and how I adjust to using it. I am very excited

7. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I will be picking up 2 new Muddy tree stands next weekend. As for now, they will be my only new pieces of equipment

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the new bows and stands folks. I love my Lone Wolf handclimber and have used it since 2009.

My bow is a couple months old now, but this will be its first hunting season with me. So it's new to me. My sight is new. I have never used an HHA sight, but I love it. Everything else is new, but items I have used before. The QAD HDX was bought new for this bow but I have used them since 2012. The Easton Bloodline shafts I just got in are new, but again I have used them since 2012. The Dead Center Dead Silent was bought new for this bow but I used DC on my last bow also.

9. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing that is new from last year is my arrows. I found a great deal on some GoldTip Hunter XT's earlier this summer. Same bow, same release, same optics as the last three years. Hopefully, this is the year that I can finally get it done!

10. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is my wish list. I'd like to have a Horn Hunter Treestand pack, a Browning Strike Force HD trailcam, and possibly some new rubber boots (don't know which ones though). I want the pack more than anything else.

Blessings........Pastorjim

11. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I work for Bass Pro and get a nice discount on Bass Pro products. My 30 year old Martin bow weighs 14 pounds and is bbbbig so this year I bought the Blackout SS bow package, and matching Blackout arrows. Fast, light, and small. Oh I bought a couple Moultrie 990I cameras also. Still using the same Itty Bitty Goose release, Summit Viper stand and of course Rage heads! LOL

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  12. davidingle

davidingle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Switched to all sitka gear, changed my bow, arrows, and release, and I'm using XOP stands

13. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got a new bow and equipment for it. See sig.

14. ILbowhunter

ILbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I actually sold my Z7 Magnum this year (never thought I would) and after a short stint with a Prodigy, picked up a Chill R. Love this bow so much I went and bought a Chill X to go with it.
    I also am looking for a new blind...not sure what I'm going to do there. I don't like blinds at all, but it makes it easier to take my kids.

15. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    New bow (HTR), new broadheads (killzone maxx), new stand (lonewolf alpha 2 and sticks), new UA ayton bibs (for the cold).. Thats it so far for this year.

16. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LW hand climber, but that's it for whitetail hunting. My hunting funds have been focused on gearing up for my elk hunt this year.

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm replacing the majority of my hang-on stands with Muddy Outfitters and Muddy Hunter stands.

18. NateB

NateB Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Upgraded to the IQ Micro 5 pin sight, new peep sight, and a Trophy Ridge drop away rest, fr my Bear Authority.

19. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    going to pick up a habitat hook before we hang our stands, looks like a great tool for early spring.

20. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Bowtech Boss on the way. Nothing like waiting until the last minute...