New digital feeder spook deer?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by spoon33, Oct 13, 2016.

1. spoon33

spoon33 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Got some new land I am going to hang a stand and start hunting and was curious how much it would effect the deer having a feeder go off in the morning and evening? The land was just recently purchased by a friend and it doesn't appear anyone ever hunted or did anything with the land.

I'm tempted to hunt when I can on the weekends without the feeder starting off, as to not disturb the area anymore then I need to. However, I would hate to wait until Halloween time or later to put the feeder down and effect the deer during potential rut time.

2. cart3r_hunt3r

cart3r_hunt3r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As long as you give them time to adjust to it you will be fine

3. Flatstatehunter

Flatstatehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with cart3r_hunt3r, once they acclimate to the noise and knowing its not a threat they will be fine. Raccoons on the other hand don't care they will be all over it the minute it spits out food lol.

4. dmax4me

dmax4me Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Raccoons are a major pain. The Does will get use to the feeder pretty quick and they will keep coming into it. Once you have the Does patterned to come into the feeder going off, the bucks will follow once the rut kicks in.

5. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    From my experiences with a feeder, it's works best to have them go off well before you plan to hunt. ( I had mine @ 2:00 A.M/P.M. The first year I hunted I had a MONSTER buck @ 14 yards & I came to full draw & the feeder went off & the buck bolted like nobody's business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. hog guts

hog guts Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Feeder should be set for 15 minutes before you can see to shoot. Makes them stop by when you can shoot if they want to eat. Also prevents it from going off when you can see so the above doesn't happen. That's my two cents

Furthermore, you get to hear it go off confirming the time is right and the feeder is working well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk