new D-loop

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by rknierim, Oct 29, 2012.

1. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My D-loop was starting to fray a bit, so I had local shop put on a new one. He looked where old one was and put on a new one. I didn't have time to shoot before I left, but shot at target last nite and I'm high and right. I was drilling shots before. I checked to see if everything was tight (thought maybe sights were loose or something), and everything seemed good. My arrow is perfectly flat when nocked. I believe it was a tad higher at nock end before. Could this be my problem? Arrow flight seems a little erratic and was good before. Thought I would ask here before I moved sights and really screwed myself. Could it be that I need to just have the loop moved up a bit?

2. MHSfootball86

MHSfootball86 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check for knock pinch. The Easton tuning guide also suggests that shooting high ( using broad head tuning but might apply here) could be a result of the knock being lower.

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    So are you saying he just eyeballed it when he tied the new loop on? No level or anything?

Your nock point changing will definitely affect your arrow's point of impact, even if it only moved a little bit.

4. MHSfootball86

MHSfootball86 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's suggested that 1/32 to 1/16of an inch is the proper amount of movement to tune your knock... That's a tough distance to "eyeball" correctly.