New Cam

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by BigDaddy, Jul 1, 2016.

1. NEB Bucks

NEB Bucks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great pics there booner! I'm ordering my ps-1 tonight! As I was on there website last night, I noticed that the pic of the buck for the Father's Day ad was from the same camera as yours. Are you a field staff member or work for the company? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

boonerville likes this.
  2. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Im a staff member.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. NEB Bucks

NEB Bucks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cool! Can't wait to see these cameras in action. Thanks for putting me onto them

boonerville likes this.
  4. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Its also scary knowing the batteries could die in a few weeks. Especially in the winter on food sources.

boonerville likes this.
  5. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    That was my biggest initial concern. I have had a couple long conversations with company about that. They claim comparable battery life to 8 batteries in a browning or covert, due to smaller components that use less power per trigger. You really have to see one to appreciate how small they are. I have 10 of them in the woods now. Time will tell if that is true.

6. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Some of my 2012 coverts lasted a year on trails and 6 months on food sources. Anywhere from 20k-50k pictures at a time. Set my expectations WAY to high. Alot of these newer cams just cant compete with that. It wont stop me from getting one of course. Whats the battery life on video mode?

boonerville likes this.
  7. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    I can't speak on that yet. A couple of the ones I have out are set on video, so we will see.

8. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Looking forward to your post.

9. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So for these guys really pushing Radix the first question I had when I saw them was can a guy just walk up to your camera and turn it off with the power button on the front? I know people keep saying password protected but I assume that to be from allowing someone else to mess with the settings.
    Hunting only public land I don't think I could ever put a camera in the woods that someone could turn off on me.

10. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In the winter no matter the cam I've simply grown accustom to changing from 3 burst to 1 or simply set for more time between shots because it is nuts. Curious how the Radix holds up battery life wise as well.

11. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    If you password protect you cant turn them off without password. Which is more than i can say for most password enabled cameras that have an on/off switch.

12. DVO

DVO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's good to hear. And as you said a way better feature then many other cams.

13. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yup, tested this the other night when I opened it up and out of the box. Realized I never touched on this in the video...have to include it in a future follow up.

14. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    As an electronic design engineer, I'm curious what they meant by smaller components use less battery, because component size does not limit current, just makes heat tolerances lower... I'll take an 8 AA cam over a 4 or 6 any day. Even if they boast and can prove lower power consumption, why not have a camera that can go 2 years instead of one?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

15. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I used to be big on moultrie have an 880 from I think 2012 that has 100k pics through it that is still one of my favorite cams. Got a 990 in 2013 wasn't as impressed with the pics but both have great battery life, sadly the newer ones I have tried have been subpar. Have a Bushnell that is closing in on 100k great daytime pics but haven't been able to get the night pics to compare with different settings almost has too much brightness and washes out the pics on brighter nights. Have a g42 and 30 both excellent day and night and good on battery life. The new primos proof cams had the proof 1, I believe, lasted from October until march on one set of batteries and a couple thousand pics but wouldn't turn on after I replaced the batteries. The new cuddiebacks I have I not my best camera all around average but can't say anything bad about it. Very intrigued about the new radix cameras might be my new company camera for this year!