New Bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by NUARCHER, Nov 20, 2016.

1. NUARCHER

NUARCHER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok so you are shooting great with your current bow and set up. Regardless of which brand you are shooting,what would make you want to switch bows. Which bow would yo switch to and why. I'm at that junction myself I believe there are many excellent bows to choose from. Though I love my Elite Z28 I would look at Prime,BowTech,Hoyt. Prime or BowTech would be my first choices if I switch. I would like a little faster bow than what I am currently shooting.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. chasinwhitetail

chasinwhitetail Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm getting a new bow as well. The reason is, I want to shoot a hunting setup that is 300 fps or faster. I've never had a bow that fast. The new bows that are that fast, are also smooth. In years past any bow that was a speed bow also had some nasty cams.

3. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I upgraded this yr from my 2010 bowtech destroyer to a hoyt carbon defiant. I really had no reason to upgrade other than an itch for something new.

4. alaska at heart

alaska at heart Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm shoot a Prime Rival and am very satisfied......BUT.....the new video out on the 2017 Prime Centergy....plus some friends expressing interest is perking up my interest.

5. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I have that sickness. I usually get a new bow each year. Right when I have one tuned and spec'd out I switch. Personally I think its because I like to tinker with them.

In regards on what to get, you really need to go shoot them. You really don't need a new bow but if you want to get one then get one that makes you happy. They are not cheap so its a commitment and you don't want any regrets. Find one the fits you and fills good.

6. kgtech

kgtech Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    when my shop has the centergy hybrid i'll let you know my thoughts vs the rival

7. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Shot the new Primes & Hoyts over the weekend. I have to say the new Primes, are AMAZING! Thinking about trading in my Prime and getting the Centergy-Hybrid

8. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If I was switching from Elite and wanted a bit more speed...I would be looking at the new Xpeditions or Obsessions.
    My Xpedition Xcentric 7 is like an Elite on steroids with a better grip. Except with the Hybrid Xpedition you can yoke tune and adjust the let-off and valley to your liking.
    I've owned a Hoyt Nitrum Turbo, a Bowtech Prodigy lately and I've shot most every new bow in the last few years with exception of Bear and PSE
    The Xpedition Xcentric 7 is one of the best hunting bows ever designed IMO
    the new Xcursion 7 and/or Denali are the only one that can probably top it.

If you're stuck on Prime or Bowtech...the bow tech will be faster but limbs are not as reliable
    Primes are sweet shooters with great draw cycles, but they are a bit loud and buzzy IMO..I will go shoot the Centergy though

9. NUARCHER

NUARCHER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I do really like my Elite but I'm not a brand loyal type of guy I will shoot what ever bow fits and feels best to me. I went from 3 Martins to my Elite.

10. NUARCHER

NUARCHER Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Curious how many have done a limb swap to lower poundage limbs and knew it was the best thing you've done. I want to go down to 60lb limbs from my original 70lb. Due to shoulder injury.

11. pinn6

pinn6 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just started shooting last year with a 2009 hoyt powerhawk and from the moment i shot the first arrow i knew i was hooked. i shoot at least twice a week at the range and am thinking about shooting the time in between. I made the decision to order a new Hoyt Pro Defiant 34 a month ago and it just arrived last night. haven't been able to shoot it yet though but im extremely excited to.

12. MasterHunter

MasterHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You need a PSE Full Throttle.. Nothing like shooting a 370 FPS bow... deer will not know what hit him.

[TABLE="class: shop_attributes, width: 1"]
    [TR]
    [TD]370
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TABLE="class: shop_attributes, width: 1"]
    [TR]
    [TD]370
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]