New Bow Strings!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BowMaster5, Jan 12, 2014.

1. BowMaster5

BowMaster5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has some good strings that they could tell me about. Im looking at changing them coming up in the off season. Just thought id ask if anyone has experience with strings. And how often do you change your strings?

Thanks!

2. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    hutch has em. He is around and can help you out. Changing them depends on how much you shoot and how frayed they are. Once a year is a good idea or visit a pro shop for further inspection.
    Good Luck

3. BowMaster5

BowMaster5 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok sweet thanks! yeah i shoot a lot! i mean i try to shoot at least a few arrows a day, my stings are getting a little frayed. But i have been waxing my string lots so will that help with the life of a string?

4. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i use to use vapor trails awhile back and never had a problem i now only use zebra strings there the best on the market the new trophy string and cables are awesome check them out at zebras website or if you wana buy online i get mine at bowstrings unlimited for great prices and fast shipping barely no wait time either on all custom color string sets.

5. Diamond Outlaw

Diamond Outlaw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  6. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use firststring. They are made a few miles away so I can get them quick. Plus they have help up great. They've been on 2 bows now and look awesome.

7. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This guy...I shoot his strings on both my bows. They are made very well and the customer service is the best there is...IMO. If you have questions he can answer...no waiting to 2-3 days for a reply. I've shot a lot of different ones...his is all I will ever use.

8. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Like everyone is saying Hutch is your man! Just placed my order last week...good luck!

9. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    He made a Sweet Tan & Dark Brown string for my buddies Heli-m last year. I installed it for him and he is VERY Happy! His Bow picked up 3 fps in the Chrono...not sure if that matters much...lol. But Hey, Its an improvement. His factory string the serving was separating bad on it. He has a LOT of shots on Hutch's string...No issues with it. Congrats and enjoy...you will love it.

10. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yea him and i were going back and forth speaking and he DEF knows his stuff thats for sure! After talking we decided to go with the BCY-X material for my string and the BCY-Trophy material for my cables, everything in FLO Green except for my center serving which I went with black lol have a green theme going on. Did you put your buddies string grubbs back on when you installed the string? Just curious because I don't think I am going to bother, thinking I am going to go with the Pine Ridge XL Nitro Buttons and put the bottom one where the grubbs are and top one where the serving ends below the string stop. I don't think this should be an issue especially since this will get rid of the added extra weight on the string that the monkey tails currently add to it.

11. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    I did put them back on. I think we are going to do like you and go with the Nitro buttons next time around. I think he is going to change colors and get the Tan & Black and Flo Orange & Black next time. I love those Speckled colors...lol.