New Bow/ Rest?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by kurveball18, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the new Ripcord Ace Micro.

2. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You cant say that. You can have a bow that you love but another person hates and vice versa. Everyone has their own personal preference. I have shot numorous of bows ranging from Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech and a few PSE. I chose the Mathews because "I" liked it and felt that "I" liked the bow the best.

3. tkarrow

tkarrow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed, personal preference is what determines, or short determine purchase of any product. I too have shot Matthews, Bowtec, PSE and used Hoyt for years...then I tried Elite.
    All I am suggesting is that you try one...
    T

4. kurveball18

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you everyone for your recommendations on trying out the QAD Ultrarest HDX. As mentioned above I did decide to go outside the box and try it out even though I still think the Whisker Biscuit is a nice rest. I just got the bow yesterday and definitely liking how accurate it is. I don't have it all dialed in yet but when I got arrows touching in my first 8 shots that says a little at how consistent the bow is. 20150210_185618.jpg

5. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I constantly walk through super thick woods and sometimes some prickly ash and I've never had a problem with my cord getting caught on something, it's usually a broadhead or my limb get wrapped up in a branch.

6. kurveball18

Dislikes Received:
    How do you guys have your rest rope attached to your bow cable. The guy split my bowsting and ran it through the string and then with a little knot. I've also seen bows with a little clamp. Which do you like better?

7. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hate the football clamps because there's a chance it can slip so anything but the clamp. I usually split my cable and run it through like yours was done.

8. bigfootcali

bigfootcali Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What's your guy's take on drop away rest for spot and talk out west in the high country of the easter sierras or Nevada, Utah, Oregon. ......

9. mikerock85

mikerock85 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just finished my bow build last night my rest came with a clip piece which work out perfect and put rest string out a little so it wouldn't hit my riser as much as I draw. Here a pic of my bow and clip uploadfromtaptalk1423742118545.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1423742131382.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  10. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    QAD makes a great rest and there's very little to go wrong. I personally prefer a rest that attaches to my limbs rather than my cables. Look into G5's Cmax drop away rest, I've had mine for a while now and have had no issues with it whatsoever!