new bow purchase after this season

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunter728, Sep 14, 2022.

?

which bow ?

Poll closed Sep 21, 2022.
  1. Mathews V3X 33

20.0%
  2. Prime inline 3

80.0%
  1. Bowhunter728

Bowhunter728 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good evening everyone. As the title says I will be buying a new bow after the end of this years hunting season. I have narrowed it down to 2 possible candidates, Mathews V3X 33 and the prime inline 3. just wanted some input on these, meaning long term ownership of your said bow. I have shot them both and do like them. I am no rush as of now due to hunting this year on the current setup.

2. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Both bows will serve you well. I have no experience with either other than I did shoot a V3x one day at the shop. Both have good specs. I would seriously, if possible, go shoot some more bows, if you haven't already. The 2023's will be making their debut, usually in November. Wait to see what comes out and shoot those as well.

I'm not a brand loyal guy. I shoot what I like the best, is comfortable and is most accurate in my hands. Everyone is different. I had a long stint with Bowtech's because I shot them really well. I decided to shoot another brand for a bit and was frustrated. I've since found another Bowtech I love and am content with that bow.

Something else to consider is what your local shop carries. If they're a Mathews/Prime dealer, and you like the two bows you mentioned, it may be worthwhile to just stick with one of those two. This way, if you ever have an issue, they're right there and you're supporting your local shop. They like that.

Good luck!

Bowhunter728 likes this.
  3. Bowhunter728

Dislikes Received:
    Either shop is not that far away from me which is a bonus. One deals with one manufacture and the other deals with the other.

4. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with Muzzy go shoot a bunch, those two you polled are soild. But it’s a personal choice only you can make. We’re spoiled with so many killer bows in all different specs to pick from.

Bowhunter728 likes this.
  5. Bowhunter728

Dislikes Received:
    Very spoiled for sure.

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Do not let the internet decide.

7. Brent Gainer

Brent Gainer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello,
    I have the V3X and really like it. You’ve shot it so you already know how smooth and quiet it is. I should also mention this is my first year bow hunting…ever. I’ve been a rifle hunter all my life and made the switch because where I live, I’m able to get more time in the woods in archery season.

That being said, I shot a lot of bows, read hours of forums and reviews and visited several bow shops. For me personally as a new bow hunter, I was most comfortable with and shot the V3X the most accurate.
    By the end of my first day at the bow shop getting it tuned to me, I was shooting a 6” group at 20yds. Keep in mind this is the first time I had ever shot. I shot Bowtechs and Missions as well and the Matthews was my fit.

This is just a novices perspective. Hope it helps.

8. WhiteMike

WhiteMike Newb

Dislikes Received:
    my archery season just ended and I’m in the market for a new bow also. When you say 2023 bows will be announced in November, does that mean they will be available for purchase or just the changes will be announced? How much can actually change too, like 2022 does not have great tech

9. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Did you shoot these to narrow it down to these two?

If yes, choose the one you liked the best.

If no, go shoot them before narrowing it down to these two....then see above.

(saw the answer was yes, read too fast first time, see first statement above)

NOT a single other person's opinion should sway you in a decision of bow selection. Budgetary restraint is the only thing to allow to eliminate bows without shooting, otherwise ONLY allow firsthand shooting to dictate.