New bow hunter, looking for advice on turkeys and gear

Discussion in 'Introductions - New User Forum' started by John Hall, Feb 8, 2019.

1. John Hall

John Hall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey, like the title says I’m a new bow hunter, I will be going after spring turkey this year, I wanted to know first of all, I just got a stabilizer, does my bow need to be re tuned with a larger stabilizer? Also, I have been reading on methods of bow hunting turkeys, and the types of Broadheads you should use depending on the method in which your going to take the animal, I’m confident I could put an arrow in an apple from 45 yards so I was looking for advice on the method I should attempt for the first time.

2. DIYArcher

DIYArcher Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Confidence and accuracy is great and it sounds like you have both. However hitting a Turkey's head is not going to be as easy as shooting that apple. Watch a few Turkey hunting videos and you'll see how much their heads move around, not an easy target. For you first Turkey season I would try the body shot, not a head shot. If you do want to use a guillotine however, make sure you sight your bow in with them. There will typically be quite a difference from field tips.

You do not need to tune your bow for a stabilizer, it's only job is to balance the weight of your bow and reduce some vibration. It doesn't have any effect on arrow flight.

#keephammering #nockon

Sent from my SM-G955U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app