New Bow for me and brief synopsis of the bows I shot.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by muzzyman88, Feb 22, 2017.

1. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The draw stops move about 1/4" left or right of center getting you 75, 80, 85% letoff. I am guessing the move adds or subtracts roughly 1/4" of draw length. To me, they should have the draw lengths dead on at 80% and long or short by 1/4" either way. Most folks can make up that distance on D Loop and it gives better adjustability. Of course if they would go with modules and leave the stops where they are... we'd all be in better shape.

Its one of the quirks with these bows, just like every other manufacturer has theirs. For me, these bows feel and shoot so well and the fit in finish is better than anything I've seen, I'll deal with it until I get the right cams for my liking.

One other thing to note. I am not sure on the strings they use from the factory. They may be a bit off as the ATA is a bit off. I'm going to be putting a set of 60X threads on it as soon as I can to see where this bow ends up. I know I would get 1/2" back, but it might be slightly better.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  2. kgtech

kgtech Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I highlighted the facts for buckeye

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  3. kgtech

kgtech Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    when you have the cable/limb stop at 85% it changes the valley because it's letting a little more string off the cams. when at 65% it's letting less string off the cams.most company's design their cams around their ideal letoff.

4. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I understand how a sliding draw stop works / affects let off and draw length.

What I am asking is with the cable stops being on a completely different area of the cam which also has a different profile, does the adjustable cable stop affect the draw length the exact same, a little more or a little less than the limb stop does for the desired let off.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I can't say for sure, but it appears the cable stops are in the same plane/profile as the limb stops on the TRK cams. At least by their diagram on their site. If it is, I'd say its safe to assume that the draw length difference will be similar to the limb stops.

One thing to point out and I believe this still applies with today's bows as they did a few years back. Draw length specific cams almost always are more efficient at that draw length than module based cams. This may be where we're seeing the awesome efficiency at less than IBO draw lengths on the Centergy. I believe most are seeing only a 4-6fps loss per 1".

What I know is that I will not trade this Rize for anything right now. Its just flat out awesome in every way.

6. kgtech

kgtech Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i will let you know tomorrow (hopefully my hybrid come in)

i need some time with my bow.