New Bill to Sell Public Land!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Blacktail Slayer, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Blacktail Slayer

Blacktail Slayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2022
  2. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If this is true, I wonder what the new president has to say about it? His son is supposedly a big outdoorsman. The hunting industry and NRA put a lot of support behind him and the right. Are they hunters being forsaken now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. StinkyMatt

StinkyMatt Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Do you really think that Trump gives a crap about your ability to hunt on public land? Comon! He couldnt care less and his son does not hunt on the same lands as you and I. Private, fully guided hunts on large chinks of private land. The rich individuals and companies will buy up "our" public lands and use them to make billions of dollars for themselves.

This has already happened for decades, oil companies get land or permission to mine and drill public lands. Their profits go into their pockets.

4. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There is (was?) a petition going around that I signed online a few weeks ago. As far as I know this already passed in congress and will need to still pass in the Senate. I've already written both my senators (even though Im sure Ron Johnson in WI is for this) and asked them not to vote for this.

5. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Trump has came out publically and said he is against the transfer of public lands. I believe he stood up and made the statement at the SHOT show. His son has also been a big speaker against it. Trump tabbed Zinke as the Dept. Of Interior director, who while being a Republican says he does not want to transfer lands.

These bills will show their true colors. A land transfer alone will likely not get enough votes to pass. What could potentially happen is if it is tacked onto another bill and is then pushed through.

This is a very serious issue for outdoorsman of all kinds. Hunter, fisherman, hiker, bird watcher, etc. My rep has received emails from me, finally responding yesterday that he would get back to me shortly. If he doesn't I will be phoning him.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

6. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It is introduced by Rep Chaffetz from Utah. The bill has only been presented for consideration, not a vote. Now is the time to contact representatives and senators before the vote. I hope Utah recalls Chaffetz.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums