New Arrow help

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by turkish621, Apr 22, 2019.

1. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am looking to get new arrows this year, looking for something with more weight and higher FOC, better penetration, quieter shot, and more stable flight. I am not looking to get anything crazy, just an improvement from my current setup.

Looking for recommendations for arrow selection as well as any insert recommendations. I have a 67# 30" draw with mechanical broadheads.

2. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What’s your current arrow setup? You will likely gain FOC if your added weight comes proportionately more from the front-end components than the shaft. I’m planning to try an arrow build with everything you’re seeking. The caveat is that “more” stable flight may have to be just “stable flight”. I believe I actually get really good flight as it stands, and I hope to simply achieve something fairly comparable in stability.

I shoot Gold Tip .246 diameter shafts with 3-fletch Blazers currently and will work up .166 diameter Gold Tip shafts with 4-fletch Bohning Heat vanes. Probably use standard Gold Tip, Firenock, or Ethics Archery inserts/outserts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. turkish621

turkish621 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I currently shoot Maxima Blu RZ 340s, I think they are a bit under-spined.

4. Planopurist

Dislikes Received:
    Perhaps. I shot .340s I. My 65/29 setup. I’m on the edge myself. I’m going to a .300 in my new arrow build, because I’ll be at about 150 grains up front - insert, insert weight, and broadhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. plc613

plc613 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You're probably looking at a 250 spine. 300 will really limit the amount of weight you can add which won't be much if you want to keep on the stiff side.

6. Planopurist

Dislikes Received:
  7. Jaberry

Jaberry Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot goldtip hunter xt with a 50 grain insert and went with aae max stealth vanes(approx 9.2 gpv). Defiently helped on total weight of the arrow and brought the foc to about 14% from 11%.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app