New "Allow Mr. Hunsucker in?" Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by MichaelHunsucker, Sep 5, 2008.

1. MichaelHunsucker

MichaelHunsucker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, i will gladly be penalized for not signing up in time. I dont think that it would be fair to count my deer that i killed before i was actually "in" the contest.

My vote goes for starting over on a clean slate.

I made this one because there was a lot of stuff going on in the other poll and i dont want to cause any problems!

Lets get your votes!

2. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My opinion Mike, is, if you had signed up for the bowhunting.com contest to begin with, would that have kept you from shooting the buck you did? Of course not, Whether you signed up on time or not,either way You stilled killed the buck. It would be no different than if you had've signed up early or late, the bucks still down and wouldve been in the contest.

I think you should be in with the buck you killed, And BHB. He cant start over....

3. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    BHB is already penalized if he is only allowed to shoot one deer in his state. He will not be eligible for the 50 point doe kill and any team he ends up on will only be able to score 3 does.

Scoring system will be as follows:
    Each participant is allowed to enter ONE antlered deer. This must be the FIRST antlered deer that you harvest during the season. If you are fortunate enough to harvest a 2nd antlered deer, it will not be eligible for this contest. Score will be based on GROSS total score using the P&Y scoring system. All measurements must be listed at time when score is posted. If anyone has any problems with scoring, please ask for help first. I will post a scoring tutorial at the top of the page for those who may need some additional assistance.

Each participant is also allowed to enter ONE antlerless deer as well. Antlerless deer, regardless of size, will count as 50 points.

4. Gr8atta2d

Gr8atta2d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    As I said in the other thread. I'm all for letting in MH with the next one counting! If he only had one tag in one State, and was technically done, my opinion would be different.

5. Aaron

Aaron Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So where does that leave BHB?

6. Gr8atta2d

Dislikes Received:
    See other poll post for "my" opinion
    http://forums.bowhunting.com/yaf_postst459_Allow-Mr-Hunsucker-in.aspx

7. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  8. Gr8atta2d

Dislikes Received:
    LOL I know MH and BHB equally well..names on a couple hunting bulletin boards. I said if MH was 1 buck and done, "I" couldn't let him in either. But you know he hunts multiple States and will have other "Buck" tags. It's not personal against any individual, it's just my feelings! If it were you or me, no difference.

It's like saying I mucked 3-5 and the flop came 2-4-6.. it's only for fun can I have my cards back??

Had the sign-up been pre-buck-kill and teams weren't drawn or whatever than so be it. But don't kill a Booner and the next day sign up for a contest. Fun or not you don't run a contest like that!

9. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I vote IN . . . and MH, that's mighty sporting of you to offer up the next buck as the one that counts. I admire that :cool: . And if BHB doesn't have a second tag as an option, then I'm all for counting his current beast :d . . IMO, there's something to be said for the fact that BHB will not have a doe tag to fill (if what I gathered from previous posts is correct). I'm thinking a lot of guys on here are going to be in that same ball park after buck and doe are both scored.

10. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    He is now in.