New 2013 Bowtech Experience!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Illinoishunter102, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been long awaiting the arrival of this bow! Plan on shooting it side by side to the Insanity CPX. One of them will be going home with me.

For those of you that wanna see it- http://www.bowtecharchery.com/m/#pages/productBreakdown.php?i=44

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bow. Not quite what I was expecting, though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

3. Nick_P

Nick_P Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is one skeletonized cam right there... Not too bad looking but id have to shoot it...

4. dgable

dgable Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    *yawn*...

5. goodone

goodone Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, those are scary looking. Are all their cams that flimsy looking? No wonder that other guys bowtech blew up with just one dryfire.

6. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    335 fps, 7 inch brace height, smooth draw... so they're building a bowtech Z7?

Good looking bow. I thought the insanity was very smooth so if this is better it would be very impressive. I'm not sure it would sway me from an insanity though.

It looks like all 3 of the major brands have actually given up some fps in order to achieve a more smooth draw. This actually really helps people who wouldn't normally draw 70 pounds.

(I know fps isn't the most important thing but it is a comparison point)

7. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

What were you expecting a bow with IBO of 375 fps with a 5 in brace height, LOL.

This bow is basically an Invasion with Insanity limbs. The bow should be a real smooth shooter with CPX and a 7 in brace height. I have noticed that the Invasion is a little rougher on the draw compared to the Insanity. Thats why Bowtech designed this bow to have the forgiveness and smoothness in a 7 in brace height package. I will not part with my Invasion though cause makes no sense to part ways with it even if it is a smoother shooter. The Insanity's riser is a little heavier when I picked it up and shot as well. Im thinking they made a shorter ATA bow this year and will come out with a longer ATA similar bow next year. Bowtech im thinking would have addressed the limb finish issues cause of customer complaints.

8. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Oh yeah! Boy, how did you read my mind?!?! Jackass.

With the way bowtech hyped their bows I was expecting something more than just a reinvented invasion/ insanity/ admiral, etc.... 7" of bh is pretty short for a 32" bow of only 330ish fps. I was expecting something in the 33-34" neighborhood and 7 1/2"+ bh and 330-340 fps.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

9. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

10. Destroyer350B

Destroyer350B Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I feel like thats just a puff of smoke. By a few months you mean 2014 ATA show. Has a company honestly ever had multiple releases for one year? Looks like a solid hunting bow. But like everyone said theres nothing that is really industry changing. Ill still stick with my D350. Honestly for something close to the same specs, and i swore id never buy one but the new mathews chill is as smooth of a shooting bow as I have ever shot

11. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    copy of the PSE EVO 7

Mathew's called it the z7

Now bowtech?

12. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

No way Mathews pulls those specs out of a 26.5" draw length.

13. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm honestly feeling left down by this years "flagship" bow from Bowtech. No doubt it will be an awesome bow and a great shooter. But I was expecting something more impressive from them. I know you can't continue to put "cutting edge" bows on the market every year and there will be years of letdown. I think this is one of those years for Bowtech.

Not a bad bow by any means, but definitely not worth dumping my Destroyer 340 in favor of.

14. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

I'm not jumping for joy over it either...........however, it is listed at 335fps at 26.5" draw. My Destroyer 350 is 350 fps at 30" making the new bow 20 fps faster.

I probably will shoot it just for that reason and give it a chance to impress me.

15. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    It's listed at 335fps IBO, which would be 30". I can't access the website at work, but it's DL is adjustable down to 26.5" Unless I'm misreading the specs posted over on AT, it's not 335fps @ 26.5"

16. Kelly

Kelly Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is correct. It's standard IBO which is at 30 inches. Bow adjusts from 26.5 - 31.

17. G-Street

G-Street Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's a little on the heavy side for me. But I do like the fact that it's got a 7" brace height and is 32" tall. I wasn't a fan of the Insanity so this one would have to be a lot smoother for me to enjoy it.

18. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Agree with a lot of you guys. When I first looked it over, it didn't really make a whole lotta sense. For the past few years, it seems to me like Bowtech was really going for speed. This bow is definitely different than what they have made in the past few years. All that was changed was the lengthened brace height and slightly slower speed. I hope that they addressed the limb finish issue that has been prevalent the last few years on their bows. Only time will tell.

Nonetheless, Im definitely looking forward to shooting this bow!

19. goodone

goodone Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Chrono it. All of those ibo ratings are just hype machine. I'd be willing to bet you're not REALLY getting 350fps. Don't buy the Bullsh*t marketing lies.

20. goodone

goodone Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You are correct. ALL ibo ratings are taken from a bow of 30inches at 70lbs. None of them actually achieve it in real world application tho.