Need your opinions on a new Bow!!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by thomas1213, Oct 10, 2013.

1. thomas1213

thomas1213 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So my wife says she is going to get me a new bow for Christmas so I need your opinions on what to get. I have shot Mathews since the late 90's I currently have a reezen 6.5. I like speed and quietness and was thanking about the chill. Please weigh in and let me know what you all shoot and like.

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just wait and see what all the new bows will be in a month or so!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

3. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I currently shoot the z7 and might be making a trade in for a Helim. I shot the chill and was not very impressed at all. My z7 had a smoother draw and less hand vibration than the chill. Haven't shot the creed so I can't weigh in on that one. I would either go with a Helim or see what comes out for 2014.

4. Arrowhead78

Arrowhead78 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Mathews products have always been premium products, but choosing a bow can be as simple or as challenging as you want to make it. A lot of vendors are putting out fantastic products. Consider price, brand and most of all shoot as many models as you can. Don't let the hype of other advice affect your decision. As this is a gift, I'm sure your significant other will appreciate you doing some homework so she can get you the bow you really want. I purchased a Hoyt Alphamax two years ago, I had been shooting a Mathews Q2XL before. I went to the local pro shop and shot bows from PSE, Bear, Hoyt, Bowtech and Mathews. In the end my method was quite simple, I picked the bows I thought looked cool or had features I liked and then I shot them all. In the end I chose the Hoyt based on feel, look, features and lastly price. Good Luck and Merry early Christmas.

5. adrenaline_attack28

adrenaline_attack28 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If u like speed pse makes some crazy fast bows I herd there 2014 bows are unreal fast... I would just wait when the new ones come out and shoot them all and pic the one that fits just right for u...

6. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The big brands are all the same IMO. Try something new, don't be a brand *****. Sorry for lack of words. I have a Xpedition Archery X Ring7. Brand new company, came out in January of 2013. I promise you, you won't be disappointed. I got one and my buddies have been buying them now one by one. Super fast, totally dead in the hand when you shoot, stupidly quite, and a solid back wall. Don't know what else you could want from a bow. Be different

7. KansasCowboy

KansasCowboy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I totally agree! the Mathews IMO are only that expensive because they have to pay for all the marketing they do and pay all their prostaffers that they give stuff to. I use to shoot Mathews bc I thought because they were more expensives that they were better but not anymore. there are so many faster, better bows on the market! I shoot a Ross Archery Crave and absolutely love it.

8. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's a very subjective process choosing a bow. Shoot a bunch a pick what feels best to you and that's within your budget. For me, the Creed was the first bow that I shot that I liked better that my Drenalin.

9. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dont understand this argument. Mathews arent priced any higher then hoyt pse mathews or bowtech. Shoot they are all expensive. Everyone always uses that argument but it just isnt true....

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk now Free

10. rangerFGM

rangerFGM Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a loaded PSE for under $600 last year .... 29" axle to axle ... most accurate bow I ever shot .... if I miss its definitely my fault ....